What's Up With The Team?

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

What's Up With The Team?

Post by wildweasel »

So maybe some of you are wondering why none of the DRD Team is really doing anything these days. Paul's Canvas Workshop hasn't had a new art piece posted in a while. The Doom Armory doesn't have any new reviews, articles, or downloads. Grubber and Ellmo...well, who knows what they're doing, huh?

So I figure it's about time I broke this news, since nobody else seems to have done so already.

The DRD Team is now producing commercial games as a subsidary of Electronic Arts. Our flagship project, R-One, is currently under development at EA's studios, using a brand new engine, and under the close supervision of EA's top programmers and content creators.

R-One is currently scheduled for a Spring 2007 release, and it is currently slated to appear as an XBox 360 exclusive, though a Playstation 3 port is planned for the future. There are no plans to make a Nintendo Revolution port, though EA Canada is working with our intellectual property to create portable versions of R-One for the Playstation Portable and Nintendo DS.

Just remember guys...this isn't the end of the world. It's the beginning of a new order - and R-One will be better than ever.

Sincerely,
Corwin "WildWeasel" Brence
Employee, Electronic Arts
Paul

Post by Paul »

HEH *laughs* :)

But a spring 2007 release is quite a realistic possibility.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

I'd be really happy for you if it wasn't April 1st.
Skadoomer

Post by Skadoomer »

are you kidding me? EA games?!? R-one will now a football title.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Well EA published System Shock, but TTLG developed it.. but it all matters little since R One barely has reminiscences of the SShock saga.

Meh, as much as I'm sociable, April Fools lost it's magic for me :|
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

So it's not true?!

Okay, as for me - I'm getting deeper and deeper into the fantastic world of the Spatium I've created about two years ago.I'd like to write a novel, or a few of them, but there are just so many other things concerning the shape of this world on my mind.

You can find a few words about it on http://www.ellmo.drdteam.org/

Return to “News”