Paul quits

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
J-Dub

Post by J-Dub »

I can't say what I'm feeling any better than Enjay
Enjay wrote::(
I thought about being hosted here since a lot of stuff on my website is ZDoom related... but I won't unless I change ISPs since I get web hosting.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Like NMN, I too have felt the impact Doom has done to my real-life. It ruined my relationship (but I've built it back again), and almost ruined my recording studio career, which I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on.

I've felt like him before, but I decided to come back and control my Dooming. It's difficult... it's like a drug...

Well it sucks that NMN left. :/
J-Dub

Post by J-Dub »

Holy crap. :shock: Doom has affected my life but not nearly to that extent! It sounds like Doom nearly ruined your life! I might have put off some homework because of Doom but thats about all its done to me.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I tend to stay up all night figuring shit like DECORATE or ACS because it doesn't seem to always work in the same logic that I have in my head. Before I know it, it's already 8 in the morning and I still haven't figured out how to do <insert modification here>. I will then not show up at the studio (I'll give some lame excuse to my clients and tell them to come back tomorrow or possibly delay their session so I could catch up on some sleep).

I was also so engrossed with Doom editing that I neglected my girlfriend and she just couldn't wait anymore. :( But that's not an issue really because we got back together and we worked out stuff.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Priorities man!
J-Dub

Post by J-Dub »

BioHazard wrote:Priorities man!
Seriously! I would never put Doom before money or girls. Modding Doom is something I do in between money and girls.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Modding Doom is something best done when you'd otherwise bored. Life > Doom.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I obviously had my priorities wrong then. I don't know what got into me. I guess I was just sick of work and I wanted to do something else with my life.
The HavoX

Post by The HavoX »

Damn.

Good luck with RL, Paul. We'll never forget you :(
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, out of my experience, I am very sure that Paul will return after some time ;)

Post by Alter »

Torm nah..... it will take long time before he will be able to return
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

Good luck paul. i will miss you. :cry:
Xaser
Developer
Developer

Post by Xaser »

Gah! I must've missed this or something... but it is definately sad news, really. We'll all miss you, Paul, but I absolutely respect your decision to disappear. I've felt a bit of a sting as well from Doom interfering with RL (fun fact: I now hate Zen Dynamics, my own project... long story), so I sort of know where you're coming from. I hope things will start to work out for ya, and nothing too catastrophic happens between now and... whenever. ;P

Hope to hear back from you sometime soon. :P

Return to “News”