Looking for new team members

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
grubber
Site Founder

Looking for new team members

Post by grubber »

Mostly because of RL stuff (school, job, band etc), partly because I'm kind of bored with Doom, I can't master drdteam.org myself anymore.

You might have noticed that this place is close to dead lately... but I don't want it to die. So I'm looking for people with good ideas, people who will take care about this place. If you're interested, please read more inside this post.

I hope this will work out :).
Last edited by grubber on Mon Apr 30, 2007 21:54, edited 2 times in total.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Grubber, does that mean that you will be giving up the domain? In other words, will the hosted sites need to find hosting elsewhere?
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

If nobody is interested in continuing my work, yes :(.

Well, I might change my mind, and not give it up, but I'll still need some people to help me out.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Grubber wrote:If nobody is interested in continuing my work, yes :(.
That sucks.
Well, I might change my mind, and not give it up, but I'll still need some people to help me out.
I have practically no network management skills, but I will offer my assistance, such as it is. Would you list the types of assistant positions you are looking for, and a brief outline of the skill sets required for each position. This will help me figure out where I might fit in. Even otherwise, if you find me something to do I will do it.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I think it will be easier to find some support staff than someone who would take over the site. I'm quite sure that many people here are willing to help maintain the site but don't have the time and knowledge to take over completely.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I certainly have the time, but I lack the knowledge, and I certainly lack the funds to pay for a server =P
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

When I'm thinking about it once again, I think I was a little bit rash. I have hard times recently, so take it easy ;).

I could continue to fund drdteam.org and maintain it technically, but I certainly need someone to bring it (back) to life. I need someone to take care about the forum. I need someone to manage the hosting. I need someone to contribute content (news, articles, ...). I need someone for non-Doom things (be it another game, software, whatever). I need someone to turn this place into real community-driven project. I need people who can do all this on their own. I need new DRD Team :).
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Grubber wrote:I need someone to contribute content (news, articles, ...). I need someone for non-Doom things (be it another game, software, whatever).
I have a moderate amount of writing ability, so I can volunteer to do some news and write articles periodically, both on DooM and other games. Let me know where to sign up.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I would like to volunteer to help administrate the forum. I have experience on other forums, though I have never worked with phpBB before and might need some time to learn the ropes.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

@Rex: Thanks! I hope to see some interesting article soon. ;)

@wildweasel: From now on you're admin. If you have problems with anything, send me a PM.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Thanks, Grubber! Hopefully I'll be able to figure things out on my own =P
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Grubber wrote:@Rex: Thanks! I hope to see some interesting article soon. ;)
It's too early to make any decisions, but once some sort of theme emerges perhaps a separate page can be created for articles, with a link from the main page.

For now I have some ideas for an article on DooM, which I shall flesh out and develop. I also have a short story going for my ZDooM-based 9-map Episode 1 hub named The Phobos Directive, which I can arrange to have DRD Team publish first (even before it appears on DooM Nexus).

Another idea is to have authors make their maps available for download from DRD Team first, before they are available elsewhere (e.g., idgames archives). Of course there are storage space and bandwidth considerations, but if you can manage both then I am willing to have my upcoming maps available from DRD Team first. [I have completed one map in a 2-map set for DooM2 named From the Ashes of Fear, am working on The Phobos Directive, and on Paranoid, a 5-map hub Half-Life mod for GZDooM.]
Paul

Post by Paul »

I'm glad things went this way. This seemingly critical situation may give DRD a kick it needed for a long time to smoothen things up a bit. Hopefully things will only get better and no hostile actions will be necessary.

I like Rex's idea for stories. Perhaps we could put up a page with Doom fan fiction. Or fan fiction whatsover. I believe Weasel writes from time to time.

I volunteer to be an administrator too. I don't have superb experience with sorting out the user-based things, but I can organise forums easily. Learned this at the old hidden R One forum.

I too have a bit of a writing talent and can contribute news or articles. Infact, I'm planning a more built up weapons and textures tutorial, but it is all still conceptual stuff ;)

Btw, I just got connected to the web at my new living place so I'll be dropping by now and then.

Post by Alter »

Paul wrote:I'm glad things went this way. This seemingly critical situation may give DRD a kick it needed for a long time to smoothen things up a bit. Hopefully things will only get better and no hostile actions will be necessary.

I like Rex's idea for stories. Perhaps we could put up a page with Doom fan fiction. Or fan fiction whatsover. I believe Weasel writes from time to time.

I volunteer to be an administrator too. I don't have superb experience with sorting out the user-based things, but I can organise forums easily. Learned this at the old hidden R One forum.

I too have a bit of a writing talent and can contribute news or articles. Infact, I'm planning a more built up weapons and textures tutorial, but it is all still conceptual stuff ;)

Btw, I just got connected to the web at my new living place so I'll be dropping by now and then.
Welcome back NMN :D didn't see ya in months... anyway i could trust you as forum admin 'cuz you are smart designer heh
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

I'd love to help out too, maybe we could get an IRC forum too? For discussing all things IRC? :P

Return to “News”