Introducing new Doom port - GZDoom!

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Very Nice Indeed

Post by Graf Zahl »

AlysiumX wrote:This is very awesome work you guys... it is kind of a shame it wont be multi though... just think, playing deathmatch with true 3d floors in an engine that is as stable as skulltag or zdaemon, of course if that were ever to happen there would probably be no need any engine but this one... you do get those niffty powerups in skulltag though so i guess not. anyways, cool work guys now i have an engine i can play all kinda wads on. :)

Since none of these engines release their source I really don't see a chance of a change here. I wouldn't add Skulltag to it personally (except maybe for some of the powerups) but maybe someone else would be interested...

Post by Post »

HM , Zdaemon , based on GZDoom will be damn tough...
Imagine at least normal (True) mouselook , dinamic lightning ect...
Will be kick a$$
mundungu

Post by mundungu »

Wow... 3d floors make certain ideas of mine come out much cleaner. They even work much better (and are much simpler to implement) than I thought they would when downloading 0.9.11 to give it a shot.

I like it. A lot.

OpenGL isn't a bad feature either...

I found out about this a bit late I think, I'm in such short supply of spare time that I've been messing with the same project for about three years now. It's frustrating being able to spend an hour or two each month just to spruce up stuff you've already done with the new crap that's popped up since you last sat down with it. Not that I'm complaining about any new crap...
ellmo
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by ellmo »

mundungu wrote: It's frustrating being able to spend an hour or two each month just to spruce up stuff you've already done with the new crap that's popped up since you last sat down with it. Not that I'm complaining about any new crap...
Someone's finally spekaing my language.
Paul

Post by Paul »

mundungu wrote: It's frustrating being able to spend an hour or two each month just to spruce up stuff you've already done with the new crap that's popped up since you last sat down with it. Not that I'm complaining about any new crap...
Why switch to Gzdoom then? I've stood with Zdoom for my project, despite all the fancy stuff it lacks in comparsion to Graf Zahl's port.

IMO, a good mapper doesn't really need 3d floors to create astonishing environments, nor the OGL renderer (I like the "old game" look) :)
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Others may simply be fed up with doing tons of lightning sectors, that - despite they're utterly hard to do - will never look as realistic, and as fine, as the Dynamic or lightmap lightning.

And what is your project, Dude? Something I don't know about? Care to exchange betatests ;) ?
Paul

Post by Paul »

ellmo wrote: And what is your project, Dude? Something I don't know about??
It's R One.
Despite all the time I dedicated on building the stuff
(like all 400 textures, the newly done weapons, about 20 new sprites, and the scripts I'm doing with Grubber's help.. not to mention the 2 maps which need to be merged) I don't have a satisfactoring ammount built yet to reveal it to the public :( So no screenshots or hype.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Paul wrote:I don't have a satisfactoring ammount built yet to reveal it to the public :( So no screenshots or hype.
Oh, so since quit the dev team I'm the public? ;) We all know my lazy nature couldn't handle working in the preparation phases, but you know you can me show a thing or two from R-One in private.

Return to “News”