An update on registering

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Rachael
Developer
Developer

An update on registering

Post by Rachael »

It appears that problems relating to registering have arisen again. For this reason, I'm opening an email address for issues relating to registering.

Please attempt to register with cookies blocked, before you send an email. You can change this in your privacy settings. If it works, you will need to enable cookies again in order to use persistent logins.

If you must go the email route, please include your desired username in the email.

The email address is contained in this thread.

A password will be assigned to you, which you can change.

The email will be closed once the new phpBB is launched.

If you wish to discuss this topic, please use this thread.
Last edited by Rachael on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:22, edited 2 times in total.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Now that I have access again, I may as well link to this thread:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18639

Temporarily I couldn't get access from home (the site just timed out) but now from work I can't get access to the forums here. I get told to either use Firefox or Opera or that maybe there has been a hacking attempt from my ISP and that I may be banned as a result. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this.

The computers at my work are pretty well tied down. There is no possibility of installing alternative browsers. It seems odd to me that there might have been a hacking attempt from my ISP. I'm not sure who the work ISP is but I work for a school so the ISP will be an approved vendor on the local council list or possibly even the council themselves.

It's only a minor inconvenience - I still have access from home, which is where I usually access DRD from but it would be nice to get access back at work too.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

It seems a lot of people are having trouble with this. So instead of trying to force people to use HTTP 1.1, I've reenabled access with HTTP 1.0.

Thank you, Enjay, for bringing this to my attention.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Thanks. I'll report back once I've had a chance to try again from work, it won't be until Tuesday though.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

And I'm posting this from work, so it all seems fine. Thanks. :)
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Spoiler: Old Post
WolfyGirl

Post by WolfyGirl »

SoulPriestess wrote:We will be upgrading to phpBB3, soon, so this workaround should work until then.
I am still up for updating and upgrading that customised DRD style on the PHPBB3 test forum. (only if it's needed)
i also know a few useful MODs for PHPBB 3.0.4 that the Administators might become useful.
on my forum i can spy PMs, which can be very useful, just in case it's send by an hacker and such.
you will have the ability to Delete those messages and spying those incomming and outgoing messages.
not to ruin DRD TEAM's members privacy, but it would be for the community it's own bestwill.
i als have this Connection logger, to check if hackers wheir on others accounts.
But those thingos need a lot of changes in the SQL Database too :(, but it is worth as the end result :)
i <3 modding! :D

Return to “News”