A little kindness goes a long way...

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Rachael
Developer
Developer

A little kindness goes a long way...

Post by Rachael »

As some of you may notice, the front page now has a Paypal donation link. This is for those of you who wish to donate to the site's maintenance and bills.

Donation is purely optional, and there will be no in-site incentives (besides you being a Good Samaritan!) - the funds will be used strictly for paying DRD Team's bills.

Why am I doing this so suddenly? Well, I won't go into too much detail here, but lately some of you know I've fallen under health problems and getting them fixed takes LOTS of money. I've suddenly become a little concerned for the site's future, as I do not have the financial means to pay for the surgeries that I need to keep myself from falling apart. So - unfortunately - this means that I'm going to have to rely on my existing financial power - and I have no idea what effect that will have on the site, as of yet. I am still exploring many options, including extra sources of income, but money is very tight right now.

Anyway, like I said - it's purely optional - but any donation is appreciated - and like I said before, what you donate to the site stays with the site! (If I do end up having to close it down (unlikely), any donations that are not used will be refunded).

P.S.: For anyone interested, since I've been asked this by a few people already, the site costs $30 every month - it's a Linode 540 plan. It also hosts SVN and IRC and ChanServ and a few other goodies, which is the reason for going VPS instead of going with a normal shared hosting plan - and as you can tell it's obviously much faster than a normal shared site package as well.
Janitor
Persecution Complex

Re: A little kindness goes a long way...

Post by Janitor »

First of all, good luck with your health problems. As somone who has had a hard time with money, I can certainly appreciate that. I'm more than happy to make a contribution for this awesome site!
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Thank you, Janitor! :)
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Everything gonna be alright! :)
So as you read this know my friends I'd love to stay with you all.
Please smile when you think of me. My body's gone that's all...

Return to “News”