DRD Team will live on for now...

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
NeoHippo

Re: DRD Team will live on for now...

Post by NeoHippo »

Remmirath wrote:It's $30/mo, so it should be $360/yr
Your site provider must really be offering a 'super special' package, and at that price, getting the occasional donation of $10 or $20 will not stave off the eventual demise of DRDteam.

Obviously every dollar counts, maybe switching to another site like http://www.hostpapa.ca/?transaction_id= ... 7711110222 , who offer an exceptional package at 1/5 th the cost, would be the way to go. In that case I would donate gladly myself.

Or Manc might host it for free, since he is already hosting a slew of DOOM related sites, albeit their traffic is quite low. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: DRD Team will live on for now...

Post by Rachael »

The reason why the site costs as much as it does is because of the way it's hosted, not the site package. There really are not a whole lot of sites out there that allow you to run any service you need, however you need it. To be quite simple: I have to build the server from the ground up.

The reason why I would never go with a package like hostpapa is because I lose that freedom - and along with it, the ability to run Subversion, IRC daemons, bots, Skulltag master, and other programs. So yes, it really is a 'super special' package, in that it is entirely customizable.

Manc uses a similar service, except his is dedicated and has more HDD space and dedicated processor, etc.

Clearly, the site thing you linked is NOT the right way to go.

Return to “News”