ECWolf 1.0 Released

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Rachael
Developer
Developer

ECWolf 1.0 Released

Post by Rachael »

I probably should've posted this 2 weeks ago, when it was new news, but hey, better late than never, right? :P

Anyway, despite DRD Team being Doom heavy, it was never strictly Doom stuff, so this deserves to be on the front page just as much as anything else does, and I definitely think more people should check it out, to be honest. :) So without further ado - here is the original post: (that I should've duplicated to the news page 2 weeks ago >_>)
Blzut3 wrote: 
So now I can stop vaguely descibing what ECWolf is, since you can see for yourself! ECWolf 1.0 has been released and hopefully everything works. Oh and supposedly today is the 20th anniversary of Spear of Destiny.

A few things to note:
  • First read the release notes.
  • I don't have the patching utility working on Windows yet. For the most part, this is an issue with me and compiling on Windows. Hopefully it won't be long before I can figure out what exactly is happening there. Not a huge problem, if you have Wolf3D on Steam or you have the version that came with Return to Castle Wolfenstein, then you definitely have the right version
  • I don't have an editing guide written. If there's someone that would like to maintain a wiki for this then that would be great. Otherwise you pretty much have to go on the scripts included in ecwolf.pk3. I'll try to at least get a minimal text documentation going, but this may take a week or two. For the most part though if the name of something matches, you can assume it works like the ZDoom wiki says it should. (Of course ECWolf has drastically less features.)
I would like to give a shout out to all the people who help test the pre-release versions of ECWolf (these are the people to blame if it doesn't work):
  • Andy_Nonymous
  • Apothem
  • Bashe
  • Bouncy
  • Richter Belmont
  • wildweasel
  • Woolie Wool/Executor
Without further ado, head over to the downloads page to grab ECWolf for your platform of choice. Be sure to check out Woolie Wool/Executor's tech demo.

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php? ... 936#p52786

Return to “News”