Farewell to the old year

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Farewell to the old year

Post by Paul »

Hello all!

Leaving our old year and getting ready on entering a new year in our existance I've decided to do a small update of what has happened before, during and in the aftermath of the just-passed Christmas Time.
I hope you all spent the time very well, even if you didn't celebrate the holiday :)

DRDteam.org has just recently welcomed 2 new hostees with one being a novelty, the latter being a replacement, or rather a metamorphosis of the former Team Visplane's Overflow site-the team Lutrov used to lead. In exchange for that Lutty himself earned a site dedicated solely to him- his own's Waddery. Not much to see for now, aside from the cool reviews.
The other new site is dedicated to another mate of our's, Lexus Alyus. Drop a visit into his Nexus and be sure to grab the genius Realm of Green Soul as well as other of his cool wads.

In another DRD News, Solar, owner of his.. Shiz is developping a mini-game for Gzdoom including radio-driven cars. Visit this thread for more info. Speaking of Gzdoom, it's developping, putting it straightly, quite well for a one man made port. According to the latest info, it should be able to sport the dream of most Zdoom developers out there soon, namely- Models. Wait a minut, it already made another Zdoom dream come true- 3d floors ;)

If this isn't enough for you, why don't you drop us a visit on our forums for more info, advice and entertainment.

That all said, we bid 2005 a grateful farewell, preparing ourselves for a new year, like with our yearly resolutions.

That's all folks.

EDITed per Bio's begging
And oh my, Bio released ZDL 3. It's ok I suppose. Bio is also looking for people interested in making a game for his new text adventure engine B.E.T.A. which is in develupment. He will finish this one. Eventually...
Last edited by Paul on Wed Dec 28, 2005 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

You forgot:
NMN should have also wrote:And oh goody, Bio released ZDL 3. It rocks. Bio is also looking for people interested in making a game for his new text adventure engine B.E.T.A. which is in develupment.
:P
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

:shucks:
BioHazard

Re: Farewell to the old year

Post by BioHazard »

I wrote:It rocks.
NMN wrote:It's ok I suppose.
I c how u r :P :)
EvolutioN

Post by EvolutioN »

Great stuff bio, though i have not actually ran it yet.. :) One thing, can people join in on-going games? (G/ZDoom)

<ED!T> Tested it out and set up all the stuff necessary, and I'm liking it very much. ZDL proves that good things can come in small packages!
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

My only beef with ZDL3 (as I've said before) is that the position of the Launch and Exit buttons have been swapped. I'm still pressing the wrong one far too often.

Also, seeing as how people seem to be using the pk3 extension, it would make sense to add that to the file name filter beside zip IMO.

But yes, ZDL is a great little program. It does what it needs to and doesn't get itself bogged down in all the extra crap that so many launchers seem to feel the need for. A couple of years ago I never really saw myself as a launcher kinda guy. ZDL changed all that. Now, if that doesn't sound like a commercial, I don't know what does. :mrgreen:

Happy New Year to one and all when it comes.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Enjay wrote:Also, seeing as how people seem to be using the pk3 extension, it would make sense to add that to the file name filter beside zip IMO.
Graf said zip so I thought he would be using zips... I missed a memo again.

Return to “News”