Dark Nights...

Moderator: Paul

Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Dark Nights...

Post by Paul »

Nah, I don't have any down times to name this news post like that, it's just that it is nearing the end of the year and days end very quickly, about 16:00 it's night allover. Plus, my graduation subject is a series of Nighttime Urban Landscapes in Oil Pastels. I haven't got around to scanning those, with one exception, but there's a handful of new art over at the Art section for you to, hopefully, enjoy. I especially love those acrylic and oil paintings, making them is sooo relaxing, and they make fantastic gifts.

In other news, Przemek Zimny aka Alter released a public beta of his Soulcrusher mod, that I've worked on along with him. As for me, I'm through with messing with video games, deciding to devote all of my time (both free and scholar) to art, so the Games section will soon disappear. Then again, you never know. Whatever I've been working on thus far (Stomper including) will very likely not be released. Oh well...

See you next month!

Oh yeah, one last thing - I apologise for the poor scanning quality of some pictures. I lack a proper large-size scanner to digitise those and I use a crappy little camera to photograph those, often in poor lighting conditions (at night, with artificial lighting). Perhaps I'll rescan some in the future. Please don't get mad at me for making photoes with a Toaster ;)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Dark Nights...

Post by Rex Claussen »

NightCity5 has a very Van Gogh look to it. Cool.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Thanks :) That's the beauty of Oil Pastels, you can mix them on the canvas/board/whatever with lotsa grey/white to achieve calm, realistic, pale tones, or you can just go crazy with the saturated stuff with little mixing using oranges, greens, blues etc directly, focusing on expressiveness totally.

Post by Alter »

Paul wrote:Thanks :) That's the beauty of Oil Pastels, you can mix them on the canvas/board/whatever with lotsa grey/white to achieve calm, realistic, pale tones, or you can just go crazy with the saturated stuff with little mixing using oranges, greens, blues etc directly, focusing on expressiveness totally.
I smell a bit of Bob Ross in your painting. Anyway it's been pleasure working with you while it lasted, although as with every team, there were some minor conflicts here and there about what should be right :P. But anywho, it's been heck of a 4 years!

Now it's just me on the final stretch to get Soulcrusher done, sure it's all playable and it has taken a backseat to my CS college nowadays but over time, it will be done, one way or another.

PS. If anyone wants to hear Nmn's last 4 years worth of music he sent me, I suggest you go here: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34850

Return to “News”