Thirteen of Two Thousand

Moderator: Paul

Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Thirteen of Two Thousand

Post by Paul »

Greetings!

Just when I thought I'd not update my site, I've decided to give it a try. After all, this is about sharing art, not being a badass who posts 30 pictures every month (tho I wish I'd done that on frequent basis...).

You see, dear viewer, December was a very busy month for me, especially Xmas time and although I wanted to make as much art as possible, but other stuff caught my attention. I've actually done more than what is shown here, including 4 other paintings, but they've been given as gifts to close ones and I haven't photographed them. Perhaps I'll update them in the upcoming days, and lotsa pictures for my graduation exam for hi school, but until June or so these are top secret.
For now, I'm showing what I've got. Hope you enjoy :)

That said, I'm very keen on remodelling my site to make it more pleasurable to view, including grouping artworks into albums and making the thumbnails larger (80x80 isn't very erm, clear, is it? :| ).
See you soon! This is probably the last update before the changes to my site take place.

EDITed 7th Jan:
One last thing. By request of some forum users I've decided to release the unfinished version of Stomper.
Head to the Games section to grab it.
That's it. See you with the next update ;)

Re: Thirteen of Two Thousand

Post by Alter »

Just don't remove your games section, sure you are no longer into games but don't remove it, it's archive material.

Anywho, I spent my Xmas time well cooling down and preparing for new year, I've been sleeping very hard since December 19 (last day of CS college). Sure I've got exams coming up in late February but i'm gonna easily finish my graphics project (modelling/rendering a room) and prepare until then. I STILL have too much free time on my hands though, so i'm looking for stuff to spend time on.

Most likely i'll just continue working on Soulcrusher, I feel like i'm ready to create a brand new story branch, i've got enough unused tunes from both older and newer days of this mod, just don't get angry, they are not as bad as you think they are (talking about tunes from 2008/2009), they will fit in just fine. I've got nothing to do outside the college project so yeah, might as well go ahead work on a new branch to come closer to my original vision.

So yeah i'm fine in general. Btw late happy new year mate.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Wherever you come from there's always Soulcrusher ;)

What am I supposed to be angry at you for? Using my tunes in your project? It's always an honor, mate.

That said, I made up my mind about the games section. It'll be removed. I'm history as a freelance game developper and unless I find some team that would motivate me with their passionate approach, or motivate my wallet, I'm not gonna attempt dabling with games. Art is my world.

Now if you feel like you need some spare levels I can send you Stomper, it has many maps completed, maybe you could use those maps in Soulcrusher, but they'd require heavy rebuilding to adapt them into your vision.
Decide.

Post by Alter »

Paul wrote:Wherever you come from there's always Soulcrusher ;)

What am I supposed to be angry at you for? Using my tunes in your project? It's always an honor, mate.

That said, I made up my mind about the games section. It'll be removed. I'm history as a freelance game developper and unless I find some team that would motivate me with their passionate approach, or motivate my wallet, I'm not gonna attempt dabling with games. Art is my world.

Now if you feel like you need some spare levels I can send you Stomper, it has many maps completed, maybe you could use those maps in Soulcrusher, but they'd require heavy rebuilding to adapt them into your vision.
Decide.
Sure send them to my mail, technically the second level, STGATE was a heavy reimagination of Xenus 2 map01 so there is that. Besides remember, you were meant to contribute to this mod map-wise so here's your chance to do it, you'll get the original credit for designing them. (Of course i'm talking about those that I will use for the alternate route aka Neo Earth destruction path)

Mind you it's not like I do it for the sake of having to do it or anything like that, it's a fun and a diverse hobby that keeps me doing something, because doing nothing is the worst thing for me ;). Btw good luck with your art career, you got the skills required for that.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Paul wrote:Now if you feel like you need some spare levels I can send you Stomper, it has many maps completed, maybe you could use those maps in Soulcrusher, but they'd require heavy rebuilding to adapt them into your vision.
Decide.
Why don't you release it how it is? I'd like to see it, personally, and I'd prefer to have something incomplete than something transformed and possibly amputated.
ledillman

Post by ledillman »

Greetings Paul, i wish you an awesome 2013!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Gez wrote: Why don't you release it how it is? I'd like to see it, personally, and I'd prefer to have something incomplete than something transformed and possibly amputated.
I may do that, but I like the idea of them levels landing in Soulcrusher. I jes love to see Alter symbiotice them with the worlf od Jack Darx.
Perhaps, if Alter agrees, I'll release the incomplete version, while still let these levels to become part of SC.

@Ledill - thx man, best wishes to u 2 :)

Post by Alter »

Paul wrote:
Gez wrote: Why don't you release it how it is? I'd like to see it, personally, and I'd prefer to have something incomplete than something transformed and possibly amputated.
I may do that, but I like the idea of them levels landing in Soulcrusher. I jes love to see Alter symbiotice them with the worlf od Jack Darx.
Perhaps, if Alter agrees, I'll release the incomplete version, while still let these levels to become part of SC.

@Ledill - thx man, best wishes to u 2 :)
I agree, it's not a bad idea at all. Plus don't worry Gez, I already have a remade map in Soulcrusher, STGATE (second level) is based on Xenus 2 map01 but it's far bigger/different, I doubt anybody would catch on if I didn't say that ;).
Paul

Post by Paul »

It's settled then. I'll send you Stomper for modification, while releasing the unfinished, original. But that won't happen until next week.

And don't worry Alter, Haze and Stomper won't get 'lost', they will be hosted at my drdteam server spot and the links will be posted on this forum in the name of archiving, but they won't have a place at my webpage. It'll be art only.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ok, I've uploaded Stomper.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Thanks. :)

Post by Alter »

Stomper is of good quality, so i'm glad you released it at least on your page (I could always upload it for /idgames, for archival purposes under your permission).

There's a bunch of maps in it that I would like to remake in free time for Soulcrusher's needs (Thankfully I still have a bunch of R-one tracks from 2008/2009 that I can use for those, as a tribute), primarly thinking about The Slums, Tremont City (Or rather downtown area, no brainer why) and Flow Control (Ironic, you de-R1fied it and i'm gonna do the opposite :P) for time being.

I can't promise anything but i'll try to at least start working on those starting next semester (Early march, have exams in late february), I know that you are not interesed but you should know that your work isn't going to waste not in any bit.

And nah, I won't include the R1 characters (You know which ones) in the "Destruction" path, I will just create new ones to fit their roles as I feel it would be all kinds of wrong.

Anywho good luck with your art career.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks guys, glad you liked it :)
Alter wrote: And nah, I won't include the R1 characters (You know which ones) in the "Destruction" path, I will just create new ones to fit their roles as I feel it would be all kinds of wrong.
Whatever :?

Return to “News”