PROJECT: Cold Hard CA$H - For Firepower and Profit

Talk about our & your projects.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

PROJECT: Cold Hard CA$H - For Firepower and Profit

Post by wildweasel »

Okay. Those of you from the Armory might remember Cold Hard Cash, my experimental EDGE mod where you could purchase your weapons.

Well, I'm in the planning stages to make a sequel - a superior sequel that uses the power of GZDoom to its absolute fullest. I'm talkin' bout:

- KSSC scripts
- Randomized purchase terminals
- High-color PNG graphics
- Models for the purchase terminals
- More special effects
- Stereo weapon sounds
- Custom HUD, practically necessary
- You name it

Now, I can handle just about everything here - the weapons, the graphics, etc. But what I need help with is the scripts. See, I'm absolute rubbish when it comes to learning another scripting language (it took quite a while before I had learned enough Decorate to make ww-xm). The fact that I'd have to learn both ACS and KSSC in order to create the purchase terminals (among other things like upgrades and a custom HUD) makes me post this, in efforts to find somebody who is good with KSSC to assist me with this project.

Oh, maps would be neat as well. Just simple maps that take advantage of the need for money.

Any takers?
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

I'd help you with the scripts.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I can make you guns and hud graphics and also take care of terminal models.

Thus a DRDTeam project is established ;)

Post by Alter »

Another DRDteam project? sounds cool! ;)
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

I'll be delighted to help in anyway I can, though, I'm useless when it comes to scripts. I can try to come up with some unique weapon graphics for you (oh snap, that would mean that I would be partners with Paul in some sort of weird way)

Then again, I still need to finish up that gun for The Stranger Part 2...heh :P
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I don't know if there is much I could do asides from do DECORATE (which isn't that hard, let's face it).
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yes! This is going quite well...

With Grubber on scripts and Paul on graphics/models, TDA and I could do the Decorate stuff (I'd probably end up asking him for help on things eventually, anyway), and I might also be able to make some maps for the project (as far as I can tell, maps are practically going to be a necessity, since Graf Zahl tells me that Strife scripting is going to be difficult without maps).

How about this: a non-linear, hub-based map set that centers around the need for money - similar to Epyo's Captain Mancubus, in that you can select your missions in whatever order you wish.

Except...all I've got experience with is Boom-compatible maps =P
Paul

Post by Paul »

Maps are no problem for me but I know jack shit on Strife Dialogue. It is an opportunity for me to learn it, though.

I will report again once I play Captain Mancubus to see wuzzit about.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Strife dialogues will work as long as the maps are in the format MAPxx.

I've already made randomly spawning talking actors before.

Anyway, thanks WW for letting me into the team. :) For those of you who don't know... I'll be doing the Strife scripts.

You can see some of my KSSC work in http://nash.wanzafran.com/doomstuff/hehmap.zip

Post by Alter »

nash your map scared shit out of me! ^_^ good scare i really liked it though it's only testmap
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Here's the team roster for the moment...

Me - concept, weapons, overall project "leader"
Grubber - Scripting, mostly
Nash - KSSC wrangler
TDA - Special Agent in Charge of Decoration
Paul - That Guy That Can Draw Really Good
Alterworldruler - Architecture (mapping)

Post by Alter »

Only we need just another mapper and we can start whole team ride! :P i'm glad to help you guys ^_^
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

There isn't much else I can really do right now, but I'd be more than happy to be an extensive beta tester. I can probaly help with mapping a little bit here and there as well.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I don't think we're going to need testers quite yet, but if you're willing to help with the maps, then you're most welcome.

Some major details about the project

I'm trying not to hype this up too much - I'm posting this merely for the benefit of the team members.

CHC will have roughly five mission maps, one hub map (with no enemies), possibly a prologue map that teaches you how things work, and a "final" mission map that will remain locked until you have completed the other five missions.

The five selectable missions are as follows...

MISSION A: The Cult

Client: Concerned Citizens of Crumpleton
Background:
We've been having some issues lately with a certain cult referring to themselves as the Dawn of Belphegor. They're disturbing the citizens, and supposedly they're involved in various kidnappings and serial murders. Their leader, Charon, is wanted dead for hundreds of connected ritual killings.
Map Style: Castle type, with cultist enemies and lesser demons

MISSION B: The Corporation

Client: Better Business Bureau
Background:
Complaints are stacking to the heavens over a mega-corporation called Dynatix. Some claim that they have mafia connections, but we're sure that's not why they seem so shady - rumors are flying around that they're responsible for the creation of all manner of genetic mutants, as a result of some bizarre overdose effects from their tests. Investigate their headquarters and get us what we need to shut them down - or better, save us the work and shut the place down yourself.
Map Style: Earth-based research facility, with human and zombie enemies

MISSION C: The Base

Client: The People's Republic of Bumdumbourge
Background:
We are prepared to lead our assault against the Teraptian Union, but one thing lies in the way: their 904th Heavy Infantry Division. We think we've got most of the 904's captured or killed, but not without heavy losses on our end. We can't afford any more, and we're certain that the remainder of the 904th is stationed at a base some five miles from the border. We want you to finish them off. You will be well compensated, naturally.
Map Style: Earth military base with mainly human type enemies

MISSION D: The Space Program

Client: Teraptian Association of Space and Aeronautics (TASA)
Background:
The race to space domination between us and Bumdumbourge is at a stalemate. We continually match each other's moves. One of us builds a rocket, the other builds one of their own. Somebody builds a space station, boom, the other side has one that's at least as good, if not better. It's time that we outgrew this stalemate - we're sending you on a covert transport to the space station Freya, property of Bumdumbourge's space program. Sabotage as much of the station as possible - everything short of blasting it out of orbit. We don't want them to suspect us.
Map Style: Space station/techbase with human and robot enemies

MISSION E: The Crash Site

Client: Q-COM
Background:
We've discovered the remains of what appears to be an alien vessel, scattered in the wheat fields of a rural farming establishment. Invesigate the crash site, and if there's any hostile life among the remains, take special care to take them out before they cause too many civilian casualties.
Map Style: An open field with an alien ship crashed in it, with mainly aliens and alien-type robot enemies

Keep in mind most of the names and mission backgrounds are not final, because I couldn't think of anything better than Bumdumbourge.
Paul

Post by Paul »

The Q-Com mission is pure awesomeness.

However, I'm sick to death seing genetic mutations. Even Resident Evil was much scarrier UNTIL the Viruses got involved into the entire thing, and when I hear mutants I immideatly think of X-men alikes (that may only be me). I totally despise the Biohazard series after it got hollywooded, but that is most definitely just me.

I humbly advise to change the genetic mutations into junkies, addicted to a new super-drug and the facility spreading it into a nearby city (that drug being NOT Valkyr naturally ;) ). Between us, mice, I fucking hate drugs and addicts.

That said, gimme orders for guns chief, so I can start doing stuff.

Return to “Projects”