PROJECT: Cold Hard CA$H - For Firepower and Profit

Talk about our & your projects.

Post by Alter »

Paul wrote:The Q-Com mission is pure awesomeness.

However, I'm sick to death seing genetic mutations. Even Resident Evil was much scarrier UNTIL the Viruses got involved into the entire thing, and when I hear mutants I immideatly think of X-men alikes (that may only be me). I totally despise the Biohazard series after it got hollywooded, but that is most definitely just me.

I humbly advise to change the genetic mutations into junkies, addicted to a new super-drug and the facility spreading it into a nearby city (that drug being NOT Valkyr naturally ;) ). Between us, mice, I fucking hate drugs and addicts.

That said, gimme orders for guns chief, so I can start doing stuff.
Once guns and shop scripts are ready we can start maps ^_^ we will use shop potential to it's maximum
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Sounds good. Some of the names could probably be thought over but this is a good starting point.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Am I free to submit graphics to the project?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

A tentative list of weapons. The player is allowed to have only one weapon per slot. Purchasing a new weapon will sell the old one for 50% of its price before buying the new one. All weapons are of the sci-fi persuasion, Doom 3 style.

Slot 1 - Melee

1. Fists, or a combat knife or something simple. Quick, low damage.
2. Taser/stungun. Something similar to the riot prod from either Deus Ex or Red Faction, in that you can swat people with it, or turn it on and zap them (which costs battery power).
3. VibroAxe. A futuristic kind of one-handed battle axe, that vibrates to do extra damage. Works like Hexen's axe - does more damage if it has power.

Slot 2 - Pistols

1. 9mm Semi Automatic. Like the original, weak, but has a large clip. Player can buy a second one for dual-wield action.
2. Magnum/D-Point Magnum. A five-shot revolver that shoots .454 Casull ammunition. Can be upgraded to fire .454 D-Point ammo, doing much more damage but costing more per bullet and randomly injuring the player (~1 point per shot?) with its massive recoil.
3. Silenced .32 Handgun. Slightly weaker than the 9mm, holding less ammo per clip, but cheaper to buy ammo for, and has the advantage of being silent.

Slot 3 - Shotguns

1. Personal Defense Pump-Action. Has a tight spread and a large internal magazine, but shells don't do very much damage.
2. Semi-Automatic Assault Shotgun. Sort of like the USAS12 or SPAS-15. Slightly more powerful than the PD shotgun, reloads and shoots faster, but the spread is wider and ammo costs slightly more.
3. Sabot Shotgun. In the style of Turok's autoshotgun (or alternatively, the real-world MM-1 grenade launcher). Holds five sabot shells to its integral drum clip, each of which does a lot of damage, but has no spread (and cannot hit multiple targets) and is expensive to buy ammo for.

Slot 4 - Automatics

1. Flechette Gun. An SMG-type weapon, styled after the real-world Bizon SMG. Shoots tiny little darts, which are very cheap and plentiful but do little damage and are best used on weaker enemies. Can be dual-wielded.
2. Personal Defense Weapon. FN-P90 style. Looks like an SMG, but fires 5.56mm NATO rounds. Given the standardized ammo type, it's relatively easy to buy ammo for. Can be upgraded with a suppressor.
3. Assault Gun. Styled after the FN SCAR rifle. Powerful rifle, with small clip (20 rounds) and can only fire in single shot or burst fire mode. Can be upgraded with an underslung grenade launcher.

Slot 5 - Throwable

1. AP Grenades. Small grenades with a medium blast radius that does minimal damage to surrounding enemies. Pineapple style.
2. Frag Grenades. Medium sized grenades with little to no blast radius, but throws a shower of shrapnel around that does average damage to surrounding foes.
3. HE Grenades. Grenades that have no frags, but a large, powerful blast radius. Expensive.

Slot 6 - Energy Weapons

1. Blaster. Similar to Quake 4's in form and function, except for the fact that its battery is limited and cannot be replaced. When the blaster is empty, a new one must be purchased. Cheap, but disposable.
2. Plasma Auto-rifle. A medium-range projectile weapon with good damage, but slightly inaccurate projectiles. Must be reloaded.
3. Man-portable Particle Accelerator. Shoots very fast, high-damage projectiles with a high degree of inaccuracy. Form-wise, it looks vaguely like the Russian PTRS anti-tank rifle.

Slot 7 - Explosives

1. Disposable LAW. Light anti-tank rocket launcher that cannot be reloaded, similar to the Panzerfaust. Not particularly expensive.
2. Recoilless anti-tank shell launcher. Similar to the one in The Stranger, launches very fast (hitscan) rockets with high damage but low blast radius.
3. Portable Anti-Matter Generator. Hold fire button to charge, and release only when it's fully charged and ready to fire. Launches a chunk of anti-matter that will disintegrate pretty much anything, including the weapon itself after a few shots. Naturally, that makes this weapon disposable.
Paul

Post by Paul »

That's a fuckload. I'll get bakin' them soon :)

One more question chief - the hands. Are we using standard DG brown gloves or something more imaginative? (I was thinking something along the lines of Agent Hernandez Hands :P )
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Something that isn't Doomguy hands. Hernandez hands would be a good source of inspiration, but I want some blue in them...some blue that isn't in the Doom palette. Like...the blue of the DRD Team site.

[edit] Before you do any of the weapons, though, I'd like a spaceship model. A small scout-ship of some kind. Design-wise...I'd base it on the USP Talon from Tyrian.

Post by Alter »

Okay helped weasel a little with the hub map ^_^
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

mabye you could put blood hands with black fingerless gloves on them. Sort of like this..
Attachments
blood fingerless.jpg
blood fingerless.jpg (39.69 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
Paul

Post by Paul »

Here's my idea for gloves. Black leathered with blue components. The snazzy DRD letters on it are optional ;)

As for the ship, it's in progress.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The DRD lettering is an excellent touch. That's awesome!

Post by Alter »

Paul wrote:Here's my idea for gloves. Black leathered with blue components. The snazzy DRD letters on it are optional ;)

As for the ship, it's in progress.
those drd letters are godlike! anyway good to see that progress goes on (I feel bad after screwing up xenus 2 ep3)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Those are great, Paul! I wish I could help out, but it takes me forever to finish anything.
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Love the gloves Paul :D
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

awesome! o.o
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Looking great... hope to get started with the Strife scripts soon.

Return to “Projects”