Ultimate Torment & Torture needs "Voice Acting"

Talk about our & your projects.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Ultimate Torment & Torture needs "Voice Acting"

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yes, you know how this goes: UTNT is looking for yet another contribution of someone who can do this for me as I am not the best person for something like this: I need a voice actor for UTNT, someone who has a male voice that might fit perfect to the Doom Space Marine (similar to Duke Nukem & Blood). I for myself can't do it as I don't think my voice would fit, also considering the fact that my spoken language still sounds... "too german" ;)

Why voice acting for UTNT? Quite simple, first at all, there are these "Red Printed Text" thingies on the screen that look like shit and beyond would be much better if someone would speak them instead of simply printing them (yet again, similar to Duke Nukem & Blood), and next to this, there are these intermission texts. Reading them is okay, but also listening to them would be amazing. So all in all, the time that is needed for this wouldn't be too much (the texts are already there and prepared), all I need now is a person that fits here.

If you (!) think you can help me here and do the voice acting, give me a little demo of how your voice and your spoken language sounds by recording the following sentence/s and uploading it to somewhere, post it here, so I can get it and listen to it. The text goes as follows: (player getting in a dangerous situation)
"Hmm... maybe I just shouldn't have touched that damn switch!"
Simple, isn't it?! :) So thx already for reading and maybe even helping me here!
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Voice acting is good, but make sure that there is a way to also turn it off (or switch off the subtitles). Some people might not like it.

I would volunteer my voice, but I don't have a lot of faith that you're going to like it very much (I don't sound very tough), and my microphone is utter crap.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thx for the suggestions, I am doing my best, I promise ;) Nevertheless, Enjay will do the stuff so for anyone who is intereted, search is over ;)

Return to “Projects”