Dark Spectral Doom (RDDR Reborn)

Talk about our & your projects.
ChupaReaper

Dark Spectral Doom (RDDR Reborn)

Post by ChupaReaper »

RDDR (Reaver Dragon Doom Resource) is coming back, only more efficient this time...
DSDoom (Dark Spectral Doom) is a reboot of RDDR, I'm dropping a lot of stuff for less quantity but more quality. DSDoom will use Doom 3 material as before but with decent animation using 3DS Max 2010, Blender and the MD3 format (frame animations of course but if it is ever supported in the future, skeletal animations will be ready.)

What is DSDoom?
DSDoom is a resource for GZDoom (may support SkullTag from time to time depending on how compatible SkullTag is with GZDoom over time). By resource I mean it provides:
-Creatures (Demons, Monsters, Undead, Friendly characters etc).
-Items (Crests offer powerups, Health, Money, Quest items, 10 key types and more).
-Weapons (Split into Epic and Guns, Epic weapons will include swords, crossbows, etc; Guns will include some basic Handguns and then one main weapon which will be customizable by the player).
-Spells (I decided to split this off from weapons so I can add more variety to spells and make them quicker to use alongside weapons).
-Textures (A growing supply of Hi-Res textures with landing sounds and splashes included).
-Ambience (Special Effects, mainly sounds but will be for particles like fire and maybe weather effects, etc).
-Obstacles (General decoration such as Trees, Lights, Tables, Chairs even Cookers! These can all be interacted with using ACS and thing triggers).
-Races (Player characters from mainly Human characters but will contain Epic Races such as Werewolves, etc using Player classes, Skins and Gender for a large selection).
-System (The system files contain shared elements across the other sections of DSDoom, Ammo types damage and creature types along with items will be intergrated into this with other general files needed).

DSDoom Projects:
Dark Spectral Doom is not just a resource, I will be making projects that run with DSDoom. These will be downloaded separately but will require a working setup of DSDoom to be installed in, I will be making separate topics about these projects as they are different areas of work.
-Requiem: A remake of my RDoom series for my old RDDR project, Requiem will have a detailed story will hopefully voice acting. It will use a lot of Ambient effects and Obstacles from DSDoom to form a detailed interactive world, also it will keep the action expected in Doom games going from the odd thing around the corner to hordes of demons spewing from Hell's bowels. Requiem will be released alongside the first DSDoom release at v1.0.

Here's my new website, the old RDDR section was never uploaded to it and the DSDoom section on it is an out of date Doom 3 project, I will be updating the website soon once I get this project under way.

Other Projects:
Also you might be interested in Malevolent Rising, a Glest Advanced Engine RTS mod which uses a lot of Doom material in the first faction.

Plans:
DSDoom will be starting from v0.1, I'll use versions and subversions to keep track of where my project is at. First release will be v1.0.
Requiem for DSDoom will be released alongside DSDoom when it also reaches v1.0 (I intend to work on this project alongside DSDoom at first).
See Page 11, fourth post for the first post about DSDoom, all posts before Page 11, Post 4 are from previous work.
Last edited by ChupaReaper on Fri Aug 13, 2010 17:34, edited 34 times in total.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Very nice idea there. Hopefully the Doom 3 enemies might be on, soon ;) The others look cool, too :D

[EDIT] Aww, I test this Lost Soul model now with some particle effects :)
[EDIT] And the Archvile and Pain Elemental :)
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Thanks for the comment. :D How does one add particle effects, is there a page on it somewhere, the wiki's no help.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Actually, everything in form of "Particles" is done via Decorate... I should really make a tutorial about it.

It's more or less a GZDoom specific effect (true color goodness) but it works fine under ZDoom sometimes.

You can refer to Solarsnowfall's effects, or I post some more of my effects on DRD \ ZDoom. I shall make a tutorial about particle effects on ZDoom... or here... or wherever, someone should give me advice, they're kinda ZDoom but more GZDoom P:
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Doesn't matter whether ZDoom or GZDoom, this is a model resource which will only work on GZDoom anyways! I think it would be zdoom though, coz railguns and that aren't GZDoom specific.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

FYI, I mean the particle effects <.< But I would post it on ZDoom, since GZDoom IS ZDoom. And they're more or less compatible, anyway :P
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Railguns use particles though, though particle effects are different, doesn't matter, I don't have a clue! Once a turotial's up, the models'll be much better, the 'elemental' does look a bit bald?!
I'm putting the Doom 3 files up coz they're all md2-ified now anyway!
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I salute your efforts, but the Doom 3 models look horrible without their normal mapping. :(

You should bake the normals into their diffuse texture, if you know how to do it and your 3-d package allows such a feature.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

I could do that, mix in the shadow textures, etc, but it wont look anything like doom 3, gzdoom's engine aint that good enough, yet... Later on when I've finished all the demons, I do tweaks on their skins and movement and other parts that need work.
Here's another pic for the hell of it, a doom 3 model which turned out ok:
I'm not gonna be the one to tell her that her Arachnotron boyfriend's been cheating on her!
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

"Sorry. You can not download this file today. Download traffic for your country is empty."

:(
Reinchard

Post by Reinchard »

Exactly, I have the same massage. How can I download this file???
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

I've downloaded everything sometime ago: I can't get this PK4 to work right. I always get the 'corrupted file blabla' message :(
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Ah, that would be my file host, I need a better one, I would host my files up with my website but I've got a space limit, once I actually buy some space, that'll solve these problems. Does anyone know a desent FREE file host, maybe with FTP too?

EDIT: I've checked up on my files host, it does have a 5000mb traffic limit, if that would have some effect, it's probably just best for me to buy a web space on xm.com when i get some money coming into my bank, etc. The downloads may work now though.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

I think I've found a solution to the download problems, I'm now gonna switch to FileFront.com wether one needs to register to download or wait to download I don't know but I'm starting to upload files now, I'll then start changing my website links n stuff, most files, including Doom 3 ones will be uploaded if FileFront is as good as it's made out to be.
EDIT: The PK4 is uploaded and should download right w/o curruption, here's the link: http://files.filefront.com/RDDRSystempk ... einfo.html
Would it be easier if I put all the files together in a zip instead of seperate download?
Reinchard

Post by Reinchard »

Thank you man, now I can download this file with no problems. Please put all files together.

Try this:
http://www.speedyshare.com/

Return to “Projects”