[Project] Doom 3 on GZDoom

Talk about our & your projects.
.+:icytux:+.
Stronghold Team

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

looks pretty good! tho i think you could make the corpses burn up like in D3. since models in Doom2 looks bad when lying on the ground and you can walk into them and see them from inside.

i think there was such a command thing that made a sprite totally 1 colored. maybe this works for models also?

and then it could get red and just fadeout.
MauricioRocks

Post by MauricioRocks »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:looks pretty good!
Thanks man!! ^^
.+:icytux:+. wrote:i think there was such a command thing that made a sprite totally 1 colored. maybe this works for models also?

and then it could get red and just fadeout.
Well, I'm actualy use translucency with a burn up effect made of sprites.. it doesn't look so good, we need to improove that..
doomero

Post by doomero »

with photoshop improove that !
Fabio914

Post by Fabio914 »

Off:

New D3onGZD video available!

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ulm8XWtdk
Remmirath
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Remmirath »

Awesome work with those 3d models...i can't wait to play this... :D :D
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!
MauricioRocks

Post by MauricioRocks »

And I can't wait to buy my own pc, so I can do more things...
doomero

Post by doomero »

good job
Fabio914

Post by Fabio914 »

Doom 3 on GZDoom First Trailer is now available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJzopV2Cis
Fabio914

Post by Fabio914 »

New D3onGZD video available

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=05-faTqCwOA

Off:Sorry about the double post.
Drake Raider
Location: knee deep in the dead, the shores of hell, and the inferno, respectively.

Post by Drake Raider »

I checked up on the web site and found out you wouldn't be releasing it to the public because of id Software models and textures.

-With the amount of work that goes into converting a model from md5 to md2 it no longer is the original model, even if it looks similar-exactly the same. Thus, you have made your own models, even animated them on your own, and then they are no longer id Software's models. Also a resource pack was done(RDDR) with doom 3 models, and Reaverdragon got in no legal trouble for that as far as I know.

-ditto for textures, and haven't doom modders been using textures ripped from other games since doom came out, so why that should even be a point of interest, I do not know.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

There are probably many ways you could keep this legal. You wanted to do a updater program originally in which you could download maps through, right? You could make this utility the only way to get anything releated to the project, and before it lets you download anything it verifies that you have doom 3 installed. I think there could be many ways you can do verification, one of them being you point it to a doom 3 directory and through some method (Do a checksum on a few files and see if they correspond with a built in database containing the right checksums for various doom 3 versions might work) Check if the files are there and official, and after verification passes, lets you download the files.
stx

Post by stx »

I wonder, will GZDoom ever support normal mapping?
Drake Raider
Location: knee deep in the dead, the shores of hell, and the inferno, respectively.

Post by Drake Raider »

It still should be legal w/o the download block, if the points I mentioned earlier are true. Or, if not, you could make a alternate resource pack with classic doom textures and ask doomero if you could use his d3 monster & weapon sprites in place of redone models. this would be perfectly legal, as you need doom to play gzdoom anyway, and id software had no hand in making the maps for D3oGZD. However, I still think it is legal as is, unless id has complained about it.
WolfyGirl

Post by WolfyGirl »

really nice D3 TC. O_O
I remember that Doomero had also made one for SkullTag, but somehow i didn't like his version.
Because the weapons where very different than from the Doom 3 game itself.
The only gun i like in Doomero's mod was the SSG. :oops:
I hope this project will be a success.
Btw, will it also have 4 players start on all the maps so other can also play it online via Doom Connector or Player Connector? :)
I would love it to play this mod online with my friends if they are also intrested in this Doom 3 modification for GZDoom.
Keep up the Developing work, there is no way back. ;)
I really want to see how this mod turns out, you guys also recruit testers?
if you do, i would like it to test when it is needed.
doomero

Post by doomero »

oviusly is diferent i cant make the same gun property like doom3, the zdoom engine is more limit than doom3....i can put a visor for see how much ammunition you have (machinegun, chaigun)...etc....
and the wad is not for skulltag 100%, is for zdoom 2.20

Return to “Projects”