[Project] The Last Man on Earth

Talk about our & your projects.
Janitor
Persecution Complex

[Project] The Last Man on Earth

Post by Janitor »

Ok everyone, I have revised Sigvatr's list.
I'm working on a Degree in Art and Design, with concentration in computer graphics and I have been working in game texturing, so I wanted something to put those skills to good use on. I still want to chug out some textures for the Doom community.

The plan now is that I'd like to get some mappers on board to make use of my new textures. As a team member, you will be able to request any type of texture you want from me and I will make it for you. Every map in the wad will have its own unique textures and feel to it.

None of the textures from the original game are allowed to be used. All textures in the project will be completely original. Any sprites from Doom and Doom 2 can be used. I plan to add additional enemies from the Doom Beastiary. The plan is to give the wad its own unique feel that distinguishes itself from the usual tech base/hell style maps that we see everyday.

This project is built for GZDoom in ZDoom Hexen format maps. If anyone is interested, then sign on board here. To make sure that I'm not putting new textures to waste, I'd like to ask that anyone who signs up has some experience in mapping. Any skill level is accepted since there will be people for detailing as well.

Each team members are encouraged to take 2 map slots. Here is the list of maps that will be in the wad:

LME00 - Slums - (NeoWorm)
LME01 - Sewers - (Jobro)
LME02 - Hospital - (glaber)
LME03 - Church
LME04 - Office District - (Jobro)*
LME05 - Factory - awaiting replay from Stealthy Ivan
LME06 - Warehouse - (Janitor)
LME07 - Subway - awaiting reply from Icarus
LME08 - Power Plant - (Dutch Devil)
LME09 - Docks - (Fisk)
LME10 - Mine - (Butts)
LME11 - Missile Silo - (Janitor)*
LME12 - Ruins - (Printz)
LME13 - Hell on Earth - (Community Map)

After choosing a map, I will PM you with further information
Last edited by Janitor on Sat Mar 22, 2008 23:13, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I love urban maps to death (despite its relative emptiness, Hellcore Map02 is among my favorites). I'd love to make one myself, providing I can find the time, motivation, and ideas. I will not be signing up for any slots yet, though.
Janitor
Persecution Complex

Post by Janitor »

That's great! We need more people, I actually have quite a few people at Doomworld signed up for this, and our Deadline is November 2008, so you dont need to feel pressed for time.

Doomworld Thread

Return to “Projects”