PlayStation Doom TC

Talk about our & your projects.
fenderc01

PlayStation Doom TC

Post by fenderc01 »

I am no longer updating this forum. Please check out this forum instead.

=============================================

This is a total conversion of the PC Doom to be more like the PlayStation version of the game. It was designed for the latest version of GZDoom and the Doom II IWAD, so I don't know how well it will work for other source ports or IWADs. I included as much from the PlayStation version as I know how to incorporate.

Features from PlayStation version:
-Flames Title Screen
-All maps, including exclusives
-Music and Sound Effects
-Colored lighting
-Nightmare Spectre
-Fire Sky
-HUD (with head explosion animation)
-Graphics
-Intro/Title Screen (minus a few things)
-Speed and size of things/weapons adjusted
-Armor Bonus and Health Potion add 2 points instead of 1
-Weapon Numbers match those of PSX version (Super Shotgun=4, Chaingun=5, Rocket Launcher=6, Plasma Gun=7, BFG=8 )
-Messages changed
-Ending text changed
-Chaingun Guy and Spider Demon firing sound changed to pistol sound instead of shotgun sound

Please, only report bugs if you are using the latest version of GZDoom.
Last edited by fenderc01 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:46, edited 3 times in total.
Fabio914

Post by Fabio914 »

Mauricio have told me about this project and I also watched a video of it , but I had never downloaded it. So I´m downloading now... ^^

Later I give my opinion ^^
doomero

Post by doomero »

i dont like the sounds (monster, weapons,teleports, doors,etc) but the maps are very nice!! i like the lights effects!!
Last edited by doomero on Sun Mar 30, 2008 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Fabio914

Post by Fabio914 »

You did a great work on this wad , but I think you still have to edit it because I found some problems on it.

The first one was the lightening , some parts of the game are too darkness. You should make a default configuration file for GZDoom that loads the Open-GL lights configuration that you´re using (I don´t think you see those maps as darkness as I see here). And another problem was with some textures that wasn´t aligned (this you can easily fix).

P.S.: If you´d like I can create a BAT file that loads your wads and your configuration on GZDoom , but you have to give me your cfg file.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Fabio914 wrote:The first one was the lightening , some parts of the game are too darkness. You should make a default configuration file for GZDoom that loads the Open-GL lights configuration that you´re using (I don´t think you see those maps as darkness as I see here).
Lighting is a personal preference and not everyone's monitor is the same. Plus, the values are the exact values from the PlayStation version. I don't want to change them. The PlayStation version actually had some very dark areas.

You can use the settings to adjust it to your liking. For me, I set the sector light mode (under OpenGL Settings) to BRIGHT and use the default gamma, brightness, and contrast settings.
Fabio914 wrote:And another problem was with some textures that wasn´t aligned (this you can easily fix).
These are converted directly from the disk using the PSXMAKE program by Kaiser, so I'm pretty sure that's the way they are supposed to be. If there is a specific problem, please tell me the map number and coordinates and I can take a look at it. Use the code IDMYPOS to show your coordinates.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!
Fabio914

Post by Fabio914 »

fenderc01 wrote:For me, I set the sector light mode (under OpenGL Settings) to BRIGHT and use the default gamma, brightness, and contrast settings.
Humm , ok. I´ll play it with these configs. But I think you should create a bat file to run this config , then anyone would have to change their configs to play your wad . Through this bat file , players would run your config and then after playing your wad players wouldn´t need to reconfigure their GZDoom.
fenderc01 wrote: If there is a specific problem, please tell me the map number and coordinates and I can take a look at it.
On Map 01 of Doom 2 , there's 2 walls with textures out of aligning. (coordinates : 1844,4729,48 [on these two pillars] )

P.S. Will you also make a total conversion of Final Doom?
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

Fabio914 wrote:Will you also make a total conversion of Final Doom?
refer the the aforementioned zdoom forum thread where i raised that issue, there are some difficulties regarding the tool for map conversion...
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

This thread is seven months old. Pay more attention.

Return to “Projects”