Shizism: The new Direction towards the project

Talk about our & your projects.
DefconRazor32

Shizism: The new Direction towards the project

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I did this project in skulltag, but i want to keep the rest of the project here more updated since i won't be
spilling the big beans on how big this project really is gonna be. I'll try to release 1 map on skulltag and work
the rest here since the project will going on a big over sized music file usage which I rather have a small
audience not a bunch of eye-candy fools who won't help or even reply much or less give me some good
feed back on how it is.

I give you all a taste of a few pic on Shizism's true form in some of these Screen shots they aren't finalised
yet:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I will bring more soon, but this project is far from done if anyone wants to be part of this please pm me.
I will need mostly graphical help meaning tiling textures and how to create rust textures to implement in my
project. I won't promise anything giant but my acs basic commands and memory skills will be put to the
test in my third attempt to actually create and complete a project. I been to AfterGlow site already an id
software site on hosted wads already so no need to post that please. I have all they texture packs already.

I got a few more screen shots that are far better then before:
Spoiler:

the last two are the same just showing both sides of the cave entrance.
Last edited by Rachael on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images spoilered
DefconRazor32

Re: Shizism: The new Direction towards the project

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I have made a new update more screenies and Psycho has joined to help as a tester.
I will be posting a demo vid soon on September or november hits to show how it will
Impact how big the project truely will be. now for new screenies.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Rachael on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
dark-slayer-201

Post by dark-slayer-201 »

mmm, looks good
but the last 2 screenies look a bit open though, maybe fill it up with some terrain, or something, or just leave it they way you want.
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Post by Firebrand »

Looks good, I like the change in texturing you are giving to this ;).
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

Hey I tried your early version of the first map and I must say it's coming along nicely there is a lot of potential. Are you going for a serious sam type mod? Anyway a few things:
Spoiler:
This could be expanded so you have to jump across rather than running across.
Spoiler:
This place needs to be filled, perhaps a giant statue sprite would be good.
Spoiler:
You may want to fix this pillar. On the last building, the pillar across has the same problem.

And perhaps the lava at the start of the level could be less deadly, great for a secret :wink: Anyway the level seemed good, the atmosphere was really nice, keep up the great work!
Last edited by Rachael on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Hey Ds201.

Spoiler:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Thanks for the feedback Psycho. I wanted a giant statue sprite but i dunno how to scale things correctly
or get it scaled. I had a project related to this but it's more open it's called ruination.
I think once i get this done then ruination will be awakened next. I added a deadly effect to the first lava so to keep the player from doing a stupid "i'm gonna run like an idiot routine", cause this wad won't be like others it's a challenge be fitting to an ever changing map. I will be needing more feedback once i post more stuff.
I had to make this GZDoom exclusive due to skulltag having way too much drama and not enough feedback.
I wanted to thank you all for the comments so far and incase everyone didn't know, before i did maps in doombuilder 2, doombuilder 1 always erased my work and other stuff and this is my first attempt at a
big giant map making also i'm going into new territory in mapping since i'm adding new idea's invasion single player added with the initial original gameplay. I'm also adding certain texture recolors, puzzle ideas,
3d flooring, projectiles and many more things to come including a deep water environment.
I will be adding newer screenies as i go to show more progress and keep this project alive and show ideas
and everyone can even express they own idea's and i'll see if i can implement it i'm not a pro at acs but i
know a few cool idea's. :cheers:
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Post by Firebrand »

You can use Scale property to scale sprites for objects via DECORATE :). Where scale value is a float value (1.0, 1.2, 0.3, etc.), so you can make things bigger or smaller depending on what you want for your sprites.
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Folks, please use spoiler tags for screenshots, especially ones that large. It's great that they're there in the first place, but they often break the forum layout for some people, especially those <=1024x768 resolution.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

I know when I'm looking at something good and looking at Shizism is the thing. Very nice, especially the new textures. Keep up the good work.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

Psycho I will be sending you a new revision on shizism. I updated and made up the true buildings intent in new texture added in it the inside is a little bland, but i'm gonna be creating a bigger part of it during September. I have seen a lot of good feedback. I am happy that you enjoy it. I hope everyone knows i'm gonna be making this an ever growing project. I also wanted to bring the biggest idea i ever had come true. The plot shizism no real story so the levels will be random this wad isn't gonna just span one map entirely but a plethora of giant maps created. I wanted to let you know one thing none of the textures were hand made by me i just had recolored them and added contrast and all other fancy stuff to achieve one goal in mind a hellish environment worth enjoying for fun and noncommercial use and will be crediting a lot of people and things since this is a major project. I hope you know this won't be the only major project Ruination is still the biggest of all. but it was halted for major reasons. well enough of my babeling i will be continuing my hellish maps. :cheers:
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

Wow it's coming along very nicely. I love the statue outside. Inside is quite freaky and the first room has a very asylum-ish look to it. Great for something popping out at you. Also I found a potential secret area that you made with IDCLIP, not going to give away the location just what it looks like ;).
Spoiler:
Hey Ds201.

Spoiler:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

It's time to get into this more. I haven't done much but in next week I'll make more progress. Psycho I'll be sending you another revision and I'll be doing a few new recoloration's this time around from doom 2 textures this will make up soon for the hell part of Shizism since i feel that a few doom2 recolors are needed to give it another jolt. I also wanna let everyone know that while progress is slow this project will be going on some idea discussion soon to so don't be afraid to share your thought's on the map progress. I also wanna show a few screenshots again to show how the new textures look on the project which are coming soon.

It's time to bring in my idea's so far:

I have made an asylum cause i had played a game called Shadow Man from Acclaim it inspired me to create this idea cause an asylum was a place for the insane and the damned.

My Second idea came from the fact i liked puzzles and resident evil and doom and doom 2 had that feel.

My third idea and main reason to make the wad was to create a representation of many scary things that i experienced from many titles listed.
listed:Resident Evil Series
Silent Hill Series
Doom Doom2
Shadow Man (for N64)
Tomb Raider Series
Quake Series
and many others

Why make a list you ask, cause i feel it is necessary to show my real reasons for making this wad.
I think the time i started making my own idea's and wad's and idea's my curiosity grew bigger.
I then decided to stop holding back on them is why i decided to rebirth Shizism cause i heard
file size this file size that and decide to a unique wad with no restrictions. This people is Shizism's
True form to bring hell back and relive doom in a new light with new maps and ideas based on
random concepts puzzles and idea's. I know the file size will be big but this project needs to
go and show people that file size doesn't always count and that i'm trying relive doom in my
world where hell and the damned return to earth and the marine will try to stop anything in his
way be it human or demon. I still have much to learn and this project will be the fruits of my
concepts and ideas.
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

Very nice! The new rooms in the asylum are really freaking me out. Very quality stuff here. I would probably jump if you added something that pops out at you. But I think invisible enemies will do just as well.
Hey Ds201.

Spoiler:
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I been thinking this through everyone and i have decided to make a mega wad containing shizism's sectors since big maps are a problem and will be making a whole bunch of maps not 1 not not even 10 but 32 map or more as a devotion i dunno how i'll do it but i will; and Psycho thanks for your feed back again without it i wouldn't know how my mapping was going since only a few people comment and your the only one who actually helped me in the testing if i had a few more people offerng to help me it would be great, but that never happen's :( . I'll finish making up the weps and monsters and cut off a small sector and end a few more things and let it out as a demo for now or a beta each map will be a beta so to show that Shizism isn't dead and that it will never die.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

ok i added a few more monsters now everyone soon i'll release a beta near the end of October or early November since i still need to get more monsters in. I will have this to say about the first map. The first map isn't supposed to be awesome on game play as it is the beginning and won't feature most enemies and the monsters may be a bit bland, but please keep in mind i'm working on detail first so i hope the scariness will keep you all interested.

I almost forgot to explain something else too during the asylum's construction there were certain area that looked liked they were connected to hell in someway so expect a few open area dimension that connect to hell.
There are other dimensions too that aren't connected to hell they are called the ruined remnants of the damned
they say anyone who enters there will go under a trail that will test them fail and you will get a death more painful then the whaling screams you hear in the ruined hall ways and corridor's.

Return to “Projects”