CHOKE!

Talk about our & your projects.
Pluck101

CHOKE!

Post by Pluck101 »

This is my first map (Entitled Choke) that is ever going to be released! I have made maps before but i wasnt satisfied with the result until i started this one. It is different from all my other maps because of the fact that i am just going along and making this map as i go on. All of my other maps i put into a long and dreadful thought process and second guess myself and whatnot. Instead of making a blueprint type drawing of this map like ive done with all my other maps this is purely improv. Also there are two paths to take in the map which will lead to different ending type things... The story so far... You and a fellow officer (if you are playing coop, 2 player coop will be integrated) from the UAC teleport into a the courtyard of a building taken over by demons and hell-spawn. You (and your partner) must purge the facility of this mess ASAP! That is all.
Here are the screenshots:

The spawn point

Courtyard left side (also player 2's spawn point)

Courtyard right side

Building entrance

The 2 teleporters that lead to the 2 seperate paths of the map

There are more screenshots but i wont add them till later. Comment on what you think
Your future has become.... FORSAKEN!
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Re: CHOKE!

Post by Firebrand »

It looks interesting, a bit cramped maybe, but I don't know if the courtyards are open enough ;).
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....
Pluck101

Post by Pluck101 »

Firebrand wrote:It looks interesting, a bit cramped maybe, but I don't know if the courtyards are open enough ;).
I didnt post this before but that was the whole point of the map, to be cramped, and to give the player an uneasy feeling (hence the name choke). But i dont know if i will be able to make such a drastic change, it may affect the map too much, come to think of it i think that ill have to scratch co-op off of this map, and keep it to single player...
Pluck101

Post by Pluck101 »

I was waiting to get at least one reply to post the rest of the screenshots, (thanks to Firebrand) I am now going to post the rest of the shots:

THE LEFT PORTAL PATH
This hallway isnt always dark (there is a strobe action set to its sector)
Well this Berserk pack looks promising...
I skipped two screenshots between this and the berserk cuz' i dont want to ruin the surprise

THE RIGHT PORTAL PATH
Imp fight!
This is my favorite room so far!
Staircase
Another promising berserk pack
The door towards oncoming onslaught!!!
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

For newbie work it isn't *too* bad but some things could probably be done better. In particular DOORTRAK should ONLY be used as a door track. It doesn't really fit anywhere else
Pluck101

Post by Pluck101 »

InsanityBringer wrote:For newbie work it isn't *too* bad but some things could probably be done better. In particular DOORTRAK should ONLY be used as a door track. It doesn't really fit anywhere else
Alot of the texture work is only temporary so ill get to changing that once i get to the whole polishing part of this map. Thanks for the advice tho! :D

Return to “Projects”