[Big Concept Map] The RPG Engine. (Last updated - 5/2/06)

Talk about our & your projects.
ellmo
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by ellmo »

Paul wrote:Is this battle system turn-based? If so, is there a party You can have with You?
Uh-Oh... FF7-like ?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yeah, so?
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Nothing... I just imagined something like that...
And It would definitely absolutely positively kick ass.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Legend of Dragoon FTW. FF7 < LoD :D

Well the videos are finally uploaded. I know many of you are curious to see an example of what I'm attempting to do, so take a look at this and the battle system elements from these videos are what is going to be present inside the engine.

Boss battle - http://rapidshare.de/files/6316541/DEMO0005.AVI.html
Attacking Tutorial - http://rapidshare.de/files/6316696/attack.avi.html
Counterattack Tutorial - http://rapidshare.de/files/6316812/Counter.avi.html

So know you have the opportunity to see what I'm really trying to do. Post your comments, suggestions, or thoughts here.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Okay, mapping has commenced, and we are now beginning to develop the framework maps and such for this project. I plan on having 2 towns and 2-3 dungeons for the demo wad. I'm still 'trying' to code statistics, and once I start and finish the stats, battle system will be easy to implement. Hopefully, we'll have the maps at least in an alpha state soon, but no gaurentees as the team is a little distracted by life and several other factors.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Can't wait to see damn screenshots :D
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought I'd just let everyone know that I have begun working on this again, and I have the attack bar and battle system menu's implemented. I'm working on monster selection for attacks, spells, and items, and once I get that going, I'll do damage calc and such. I dunno if I'll have any screenies, but I am using some new scripting techniques to debug and such, so I'll be releasing new concept scriptlets as I go along.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Da man. This is one thing I'm seriously looking forward too (the only other one being Foreverhood) :happy:
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Thanks Paul :)
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Updated this a good bit. All the decorate inventory token place holders are in, so the scripts can now check and read player and monster stats from inventory. I'm almost done with getting stat calculations done, and I'll be moving onto monster selection and damage calc very soon.

Return to “Projects”