Donkey kong country for gzdoom (released first alpha)

Talk about our & your projects.
doomero

Donkey kong country for gzdoom (released first alpha)

Post by doomero »

using the zdoom/gzdoom engine (acs /decorate), and transform the first person view to a 3 person 2d platfom (well, the maps are in 3d), and the dk resources( sprites, music, sounds,etc), the "DD TEAM" (Doomero and Doomfiend) presents "Donkey Kong Country"

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMpLYOu154g

well, actualy this is my most dificult wad for to do, lot of scripts and decorate for make all works fine, about the mod, you can play as donkey or diddy like the first dk game, defeating the kremlings from the 3 games (actualy, the enemies are from dk1, dk2 and dk3), nice music from the 3 games (the most populars), textures and new levels, this make the diference about make "the same" of the snes version. The idea is make new and hard levels and a good and funny gameplay, we have intention of upload a demo, not soon, but is a done...about the gzdoom version, i use the version 1.3.17 but i tested on the latest version and i guess exist a problem with a line of the map, the most strange the gzdoom 1.3.17 doesnt happen that, well for the moment we decided 1.3.17 version.

progress (full): 5%
progress (demo): 40%

pd: is for gzdoom 1.3.17 and use doom2 (the recent gzdoom version make the game more buggy i dont know why)

link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLFGW4YO
only have 1 level and other incomplete but not showed into the gameplay. (the second level will be complete for the second alpha).
test and comment i need constructive critics about this, is a nice project and complex at the same time =)

special thanks: Roack16 (a old member), Demmon Breack Master.
Last edited by doomero on Sat May 15, 2010 16:36, edited 2 times in total.
mathey bu

Re: Donkey kong country for doom (gzdoom) in progress

Post by mathey bu »

hey guy i know that you work in a project called doom3 to doom2 and i have a complet soulcube with atcvie lights and inactive lights if you want:
Spoiler:
doomero

Post by doomero »

well this is not the correct topic for talk about that, but looks good, my question is:

smooth frames?
lot of sprites and could confuse with a 3d model?
mathey bu

Post by mathey bu »

doomero wrote:well this is not the correct topic for talk about that, but looks good, my question is:

smooth frames?
lot of sprites and could confuse with a 3d model?

yes all png but the only thing is the space it is 18 mb!
doomero

Post by doomero »

well i guess my rocketlauncher is 25 mb, no problem, but try to talk me on pm becuase this is other topic about other mod please.
mathey bu

Post by mathey bu »

ok go check your messages
Wolf3DFan15

Post by Wolf3DFan15 »

this is a really intersting topic just goes to show how far you can stretch this engine.
Thank you :).
I also want to apologise for bumping, but since your still working on this and awaiting feedback I think this is fine.
dark-slayer-201

Post by dark-slayer-201 »

Brings back so many memories playing the origional one.
doomero

Post by doomero »

i added the link of the alpha, you can test the first level....

Return to “Projects”