Demolition Marine - More than a weapons mod...

Talk about our & your projects.
Soultaker

Demolition Marine - More than a weapons mod...

Post by Soultaker »

Okay well I thought I would showoff my newest project. Bare in mind I am only working on the weapons first. Also any weapon that has a description next to it on the site well it's been coded and framed. Weapons are roughly 60-70% completed. I still have yet to tweak the weapons and their damage factor. But that is small stuff. The goal of the mod will be to make it a thinking mans mod. I will be replacing the Pain Elemental, Revenant, Archvile and Lost Souls with completely new enemies along with many enhancements to the originals. if you have any thing to contribute be it weapons graphics for the untouched weapons or hell even entire enemy frames then let me know. I am not taking beta testing requests yet. I am pacing myself so as not to overdo myself.
Last edited by Soultaker on Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:37, edited 1 time in total.
Skadoomer

Post by Skadoomer »

you know whats awsome? screenshots!
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

You know what's awesome also? A list of beta testers. I am gonna post a list of several potential beta testers here. Let me know if your interested in a copy of the mod. The beta testing will be for the weapons only. I am going to be looking for many numerous tweaking type suggestions. By the way I do not have the Rocket Launcher or BFG replaced. I am still going to add the Nanotech Individual Combat Weapon, Grenade Launcher and Disentregator. I have replaced the crappy AutoMag Pistol with a Single Uzi. The Dual Uzis will be for mapping use only. I plan on replacing the Fist with the Fist\Punch\Kick Combo from CHC. Also the Moljnir Crowbar will replace the Chainsaw.

Potential beta testers:
WildWeasel
Apothem
Tails
BioHazard
ellmo
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by ellmo »

What the hell is a list of potential beta testers? Do all of those people know they are betatesters? Or you're calling them potential, cuz you want them to betatest your WAD?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Maybe he's saying "potential" as in "people I might send PM's to later."
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

Once I er heh fix a few things then yea I will send some PMs. I have my reasons for not choosing a certain person though. Also WW that damn Moljnir's default max damage is a tad lethal. I may need to tone it down. Now I just need to figure out how to get the starter Fist\Pistol replaced WITHOUT screwing up the mod. I am fully aware that GZDooM\Decorate has problems with replacing those two weapons.
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

Here is what I have coded so far. I need to safely replace the Starter Fist and Starter Pistol without blowing up my mod. If anyone knows how to safely replace both in Decorate then let me know. All I know is that GZDooM has a hissy fit with replacing the Starter weapons.

List of coded weapons:

Slot 1: Punch\Kick Combo - Moljnir Crowbar
Slot 2: Glock - Dual Glocks
Slot 3: Hunting Rifle - Semi-Auto Assault Shotgun
Slot 4: Single Uzi - Dual Uzis
Slot 6: Laser Assault Rifle - Magnetic Rail Drive
Slot 7: High Velocity Portable Minigun
Slot 8: Norris-Style Combo
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I managed to get the starting weapons replaced with no issues whatsoever. Here's my FSGLOBAL lump that I made for a personal project, for you to use as a base:

Code: Select all

[scripts]

script 1
{
   if (!checkinventory(0, "QuestItem1",1))
   {
      takeinventory(0, "Pistol");
      takeinventory(0, "Fist");
      giveinventory(0, "DualPistol");
      giveinventory(0, "FWeapAxe");
      takeinventory(0, "Clip", 999);
      setweapon(0, "DualPistol");
      giveinventory(0, "QuestItem1");
   }
}
startscript(1);
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

Thanx man. WIth this I can get rid of the pesky old starting shit for good.
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

Okay I have made some progress so far. Starter weapons are now replaced. I also ripped out the Dual Uzis. Useless piece of shit Dual Uzis. I think I will take the time to cleanup the code and also play the current version of the mod with a few megawads in order to figure out what to tweak. I am going to replace the graphics for the MRD since the current graphics just look shitty in my opinion. Also I will add a secondary firing mode to the WASP. The secondary firing mode will launch a massive disintegration round. I am just too damned sick and tired of looking for graphics for the Disintegration Gun. I still have the Nanotech Grenade Launcher and Nanotech Individual Combat Weapon to add.

List of coded weapons:

Slot 1: Left Punch\Right Punch\Knee Slam Combo - Moljnir Crowbar
Slot 2: Glock - Dual Glocks
Slot 3: Hunting Rifle - Semi-Auto Assault Shotgun
Slot 4: Single Uzi
Slot 6: Laser Assault Rifle - Magnetic Rail Drive
Slot 7: High Velocity Portable Minigun - Wide Area Saturation Projectile Launcher
Slot 8: Norris-Style Combo
Slot 9: .30-06 Sniper Rifle
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

New link. Bare in mind the forums are a work in progress. I will update both this topic and the one at my forums whenever possible.

http://www.manx-850.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2

Return to “Projects”