Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Talk about our & your projects.
spartanoo2

Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by spartanoo2 »

hi legendary can help me pls i have a idea a new server n.n
spartanoo2

Post by spartanoo2 »

i cant enter the discord in the post , can help me pls
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

theundeadsoldier wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 22:04
Legendary wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 18:36
theundeadsoldier wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 20:59 Im back and i managed to find again the topic good to see you again Legendary what's new in LCA?
Wow welcome back man, I haven't seen you in forever. It's a lot of new stuff though, look at the first post with the update notes. Also you should make a Discord and join our channel we have a lot of members so far. The link for that is also in the first post.
good to see you too.

my discord is Theundeadsoldier#2831
Nice, I have you added now.
spartanoo2 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 19:38 hi legendary can help me pls i have a idea a new server n.n
Help you with what? PM me.
spartanoo2 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 20:00 i cant enter the discord in the post , can help me pls
Odd, It's working fine for me.

Post by Guest »

Hecatia wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 17:01
RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 14:58 That patch only contains the spawner chances, nothing more. Anyway, i tried without that patch and still not working, always drop me a error in the spread rune and the regeneration rune.
Oh, I think that's because HEM inherits from Skulltag actors. Try loading skulltag_actors and skulltag_data before everything else, loading it after Complex will cause some problems.

Also HEM isn't my addon lol, it was originally made by Harbinger and was taken by some Russian group and was modified.
HEM does not make a group, but I'm alone. And more to note now, HEM can be run on gzdoom with almost all runes from skultag not using skulltag_data, there will be no spread and termsphere will not increase the damage.
Blast88

Post by Blast88 »

Hey Legendary. For this topic, can you set your last sentence to say "All updates will be posted here" instead of "All updates will be posted here and ZDoom Forums". We already know that we also can no longer use the ZDoom forums to talk about this project.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Blast88 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 21:58 Hey Legendary. For this topic, can you set your last sentence to say "All updates will be posted here" instead of "All updates will be posted here and ZDoom Forums". We already know that we also can no longer use the ZDoom forums to talk about this project.
Sure thing man, thank you. Completely forgot about that.
tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

I want to report a really rare bug.
True leg baby sentient will use its close-range attack (leg asg) even if you are standing behind a wall. It will be stuck in a loop shooting at the wall until you move away.
You should add a line of sight check, or move the distance check to Missile state.
The Nightmare Tank

Post by The Nightmare Tank »

I'm getting this error when attempting to use LCA:

Code: Select all

Script error, "lca-v1.5.9.6.pk3:actors/monsters/legendarycybernoble.txt" line 511:
Parent type 'CyNoblePuff' not found in LegCyNoblePuff
Script error, "lca-v1.5.9.6.pk3:actors/items/legendaryarmor.txt" line 24:
"armor.savepercent" requires an actor of type "Armor"
I looked through the thread and couldn't find any info on it. Load order is as follows:

Code: Select all

Path=complex-doom.v27a2.pk3
Path=lca-v1.5.9.6.pk3
Path=randommons-v1.2.3.1-cd27-patch.pk3
Path=lca-djb-v4.2.1.pk3
Path=hpbar-v16.pk3
(Using Zandronum 3.0)
tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

LCA doesn't work with Complex v27. Use v26 instead.
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Post by Major Cooke »

Legendary, I have a few recommendations that you can take to maximize stability of this addon.
  1. Extract the ACS lumps from the wad to the following two folders:
    - /ACS/ <--For compiled lumps
    - /Scripts/ <--For non-compiled
    Then delete that WAD.
  2. Merge the DECORATE lump inside of LCADemo with the primary lump in the root folder and delete it. Move the MAPINFO out along with the music. Leave the rest of the lumps in there.
  3. Move LCADEMO and MONTEST wad files into /Maps/ subdirectory.
I recommend these actions to maximize stability and reduce RAM usage.

If you're using SLADE, there's some good news: that editor is configured to automatically move compiled scripts straight over to the ACS folder from the Scripts, so you don't have to worry about doing that.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 19:15 I want to report a really rare bug.
True leg baby sentient will use its close-range attack (leg asg) even if you are standing behind a wall. It will be stuck in a loop shooting at the wall until you move away.
You should add a line of sight check, or move the distance check to Missile state.
Interesting, I'll have that fixed for 1.6. Thanks for telling me about this.
Major Cooke wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 21:24 Legendary, I have a few recommendations that you can take to maximize stability of this addon.
  1. Extract the ACS lumps from the wad to the following two folders:
    - /ACS/ <--For compiled lumps
    - /Scripts/ <--For non-compiled
    Then delete that WAD.
  2. Merge the DECORATE lump inside of LCADemo with the primary lump in the root folder and delete it. Move the MAPINFO out along with the music. Leave the rest of the lumps in there.
  3. Move LCADEMO and MONTEST wad files into /Maps/ subdirectory.
I recommend these actions to maximize stability and reduce RAM usage.

If you're using SLADE, there's some good news: that editor is configured to automatically move compiled scripts straight over to the ACS folder from the Scripts, so you don't have to worry about doing that.
Thanks for the help man, I'll take this into consideration for 1.6. You said some other important stuff on discord as well but I lost your messages. Could you send me all the things you suggested through discord pm?
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Also everyone, LCA has been updated to 1.5.9.6. Been a while since it's been out I just forgot to update this forum topic. 1.6 is currently being worked on, me and my team have gotten a lot of work done for it and are slowly reaching the release date. I can honestly tell you that it will be the best version to date. I also updated the discord link, this new invitation will never expire. Anyway, the link and everything for 1.5.9.6 is in the first post. Let me know if there are any problems.
aking2001

Post by aking2001 »

Legendary wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 21:11 I also updated the discord link, this new invitation will never expire.
about that...
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

aking2001 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 19:11
Legendary wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 21:11 I also updated the discord link, this new invitation will never expire.
about that...
Discord plz, my bad lol I swear I clicked the option that said to make it permanent.

Edit: I think It's fixed now.
Lifeform84

Post by Lifeform84 »

Cant get Complex Doom With LCA to work with DJB addon on GZ DOOM.

Been trying to set up Complex Doom to work on with DJB addon Using ZDL Launcher... Complex Doom V26a2 Works Flawless WITHOUT DJB on GZDOOM

But when i try to load it with DJB Addon... i get this Error :

Script error, "lca-djb-v4.pk3:actors/items/extralegendaryrunes.dec" line 202:
Parent type 'PowerSpread' not found in LegSpread
Script error, "lca-djb-v4.pk3:actors/items/extralegendaryrunes.dec" line 204:
"INVENTORY.HUBPOWER" is an unknown flag

Script error, "lca-djb-v4.pk3:actors/items/extralegendaryrunes.dec" line 205:
"INVENTORY.PERSISTENTPOWER" is an unknown flag

Script error, "lca-djb-v4.pk3:actors/items/extralegendaryrunes.dec" line 207:
'powerup.duration' requires an actor of type 'Inventory'

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "lca-djb-v4.pk3:actors/items/extralegendaryrunes.dec" line 207:
Unexpected '0x7FFFFFFF' in definition of 'LegSpread'

I really want it to work with GZ DOOM... i love that engine, and i love ZDL and im Really Enjoying Complex Doom... Help Please....

Return to “Projects”