Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Talk about our & your projects.
Legendary

Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary »

Lunardian wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 19:06 Hey! Did you see my post/question on the LCA? Sorry if I seem a bit....annoying. >.< It's just This is my favorite Add-On, to my favorite Doom Mod, and I'm confused on why it won't load properly.
No problem man It's not annoying at all. I don't see how I missed it even though I've been editing the post a bit haha. Thanks though man I'm glad you like the addon we try our best to make it as enjoyable as possible. What is the load order you are using? You can tell if LCA is added or not by looking at the right corner of your screen if not using the full hud. You'll see the ammo that LCA adds.
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

I have the Map WAD in first(But that is a given, to play the WAD), With Complex in 2nd, and LCA in 3rd. 4th would be Dusted, if I decide to mess around with that.
A simple act of caring, can create a endless ripple.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Lunardian wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 19:51 I have the Map WAD in first(But that is a given, to play the WAD), With Complex in 2nd, and LCA in 3rd. 4th would be Dusted, if I decide to mess around with that.
Ah I see, well I don't see why it's not working. Hmm, I've never had anyone run into this issue before. It should work on both GZDoom and Zandronum. I think ZDoom as well.
tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

Lunardian, what port do you use? Do you get any warnings during startup? Do you use ZDL? Also, can you select LCA weapons if you IDFA?
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

I'm running on GZDoom, and the previous versions work. Except 1.5.9.4 because I never got it. But 1.5.9.3, and back works just fine.

It's not preventing the game from loading up. It's just. Nothing from LCA shows up. But Complex, and Dusted's will.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

Oh uh, hi. I'm the creator of Dusted's addon.
Been following LCA for quite some time now and I absolutely love the mod, keep up the great work Legendary!

Lunardian wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 20:36 I'm running on GZDoom, and the previous versions work. Except 1.5.9.4 because I never got it. But 1.5.9.3, and back works just fine.

It's not preventing the game from loading up. It's just. Nothing from LCA shows up. But Complex, and Dusted's will.
I'm not too sure what the problem is on your end, because if nothing from LCA was working then my addon wouldn't allow the game to start since it inherits from LCA actors. Try going into the game and using the console to summon a legendary enemy, for example: "summon legendaryimp"
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Lunardian wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 20:36 I'm running on GZDoom, and the previous versions work. Except 1.5.9.4 because I never got it. But 1.5.9.3, and back works just fine.

Oh wow, maybe dusted messed up the spawners for LCA. Does it work with just Complex and LCA?
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

I even took Dusted off, and it still fails. Dusted's 1.4 isn't compatible with 1.5.9.5. The game won't load with those 3 specifically. I have to goto older versions to play.
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

Lunardian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:59 I even took Dusted off, and it still fails. Dusted's 1.4 isn't compatible with 1.5.9.5. The game won't load with those 3 specifically. I have to goto older versions to play.
Try to use the ZandronumDev3.0. I use that whit:
0 - (Any wad you want to play)
1 - complex-doom.v26a2
2 - lca-v1.5.9.5
3 - randommons-v1.2.1.1
4 - complex-dust-v1.4
5 - complex-lca-rm-dust-patch-v1.1

For me work perfectly (as long as you put all that in the right order). Rename the archives, putting to the beginning numbers to order.
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

So...Use Zandronum instead of GZDoom?
tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

I use that loading order on GZDoom 3.2.something and it works.
(except it chokes on spawners because they have the same names in LCA, RM, Dust and RM-Dust, so I had to edit the pk3s to exclude most spawner files)

Have you tried summoning any LCA stuff or using IDFA?
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

Lunardian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:26 So...Use Zandronum instead of GZDoom?
I tried to play in GZDoom and it works. The version I use is the 2.2.0.
Blast88

Post by Blast88 »

Now where would the Legendary Icon of Sin go into instead of the LCA file itself? And can we use the Final Boss (Modern) Theme from Sonic Generations as the theme for the Legendary Icon of Sin? I think that music sounds good as the theme for the LIOS.
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

I've been running 2.1.1.0 for a long time now, and it hasn't failed. Do I need to update my GZDoom, and/or Complex doom?
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

Hey guys, if you all are using LCA with Zandronum 3.0 (or earlier versions of GZDoom) and don't like that skin sounds no longer work, I have put together a patch that hopefully fixes that problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5yGC ... mhZcjRuOXM
All you have to do it make sure it loads after LCA, and that you set your skin in vanilla Doom before playing with Complex and LCA.
As of now it only works with LCA and my addon, however if you want a vanilla Complex version or a version compatible with other addons, you can ask and I'll gladly provide (although it's the most simplest edits I've ever done lol).

yes i know it's literally LCAComplexDoomPlayer with -NOSKIN but hey it works

Lunardian wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 0:44 I've been running 2.1.1.0 for a long time now, and it hasn't failed. Do I need to update my GZDoom, and/or Complex doom?
I would recommend updating GZDoom to something newer, but not to the most recent version as it may cause problems with actors using the same name. Try GZDoom 2.2.0 as mentioned earlier or use the new stable release of Zandronum 3.0. Updating Complex Doom won't really do anything because there kinda hasn't been any new versions for a looong time.

Return to “Projects”