Dropping weapons turn into Doom Zombies

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid

Barry

Dropping weapons turn into Doom Zombies

Post by Barry »

I am playing level 3 of Paranoid, and I saw something strange happening when I drop my weapons (guns), it turns into Zombies. When I
drop my crowbar, it falls down normally. Is this happening for anyone else too? (I cheated for all weapons and saw that the rocketlauncher
doesn't turn into a Zombie)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: Dropping weapons turn into Doom Zombies

Post by Enjay »

Now, why would anyone want to drop their weapons? ;)

Heh, I see what you mean though. They are not actually zombies, they are just using the POSS sprite. This was used as a place-holder for any actor that was going to be replaced with a model. It looks like a model definition was never done for the dropped condition of some of the weapons.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Yes, I also wondered why someone would want to drop their weapons. I have a reason, I just wanted to see if you could pick up the crow-
bar lying on a box if you threw your crowbar away.
Anyway, at least the "Drop Weapon" option was there so I could see if it was still working. I think it was the first time I ever used it.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I think that it is primarily a multiplayer thing - so that in, say, a coop game you can give a friend a weapon. Perhaps some mods could be set up to only allow you to carry a limited number of weapons too.

Anyway, the fix for Paranoid will probably be pretty straight forward. We already have pickup models for all the weapons. It should just be a case of us adding the problem weapons to the modeldef lump. Thanks for spotting the problem and reporting it. :)

Return to “Bug Reports & Suggestions”