*crickets*

News hot off the presses! (sort-of)

Moderator: BioHazard

BioHazard

*crickets*

Post by BioHazard »

I know I haven't been hanging around here too often, but nobody seems to have anything to say about my stuff. I don't know where to go next without user input so you guys need to kick it up a notch and post some stuff!

I'm thinking about making a program to let you press a key combo and draw a box to take a screenshot of a specific area. Would anyone besides me find that useful? How about a very simple program to keep track of events (akin to iCal)? Maybe a program to randomly transform stuff in a doom map? Maybe I should convert my BugTracker system to MySQL? Somebody give me some feedback!

I guess I should just re-write my site to use the database and release+open everything I can find...
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

*SNOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEE*

Huh what? I am awake now. Heh. I only visit the DooM Armory and GZDooM areas. I guess I can see what kind of useless er uh usefull stuff you have.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Sadly, Most of my software that is on my site is really old and not really worth having (IMO). A good deal of my better stuff is obtained by being on the IRC at the right time. But once I get a good (and huge) chunk of free time to spend as I please, I want to update everything and make a better system to bring it all together. Thusly solving the problem.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

Make the MySQL version of bugtracker :thumb:
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

I take it this BugTracker allows one to track bugs while coding or something? Oh Grub my man your damn avatar is fricking addicting. I just can't stop looking at it.

Must... not... allow... myself... to... be... hyp... In monotone voice: What do you want me to do Master Grubber?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

If you're taking requests, I'd like a little Notepad replacement with customizable (and easily togglable) syntax highlighting. It'd help me out a lot with DDF and RTS coding.
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

Go to Cnet and dl NoteTab Pro. It's what I use to do all my coding with. Trust me when I say having tab based pages helps alot. Also you can define new file type extensions plus you can use the nifty "Search and Replace" feature that it has. What that feature does is allow you to say find all the SGG** frames say in Weapons.DDF and replace them with the new frames without any hassle.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Killmur wrote:Go to Cnet and dl NoteTab Pro. It's what I use to do all my coding with. Trust me when I say having tab based pages helps alot. Also you can define new file type extensions plus you can use the nifty "Search and Replace" feature that it has. What that feature does is allow you to say find all the SGG** frames say in Weapons.DDF and replace them with the new frames without any hassle.
I've got a CD of that lying around somewhere, but I thought it was just a little too complicated at first. Maybe I'll try it again.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

That screenshot thing you mentioned sounds VERY useful for ripping sprites and the like.

Return to “From Bio's Desk”