Feature request: put all game data in a .pk3

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

TheCrimsonEscapade

Feature request: put all game data in a .pk3

Post by TheCrimsonEscapade »

I'm not sure if the idea was brought up before or if it would be legal to do so. But since you are planning on bringing more games into the source port it is going to make the game directory a mess with data from all the various games. I would propose a tool be created that could put all of the game data files into a single .pk3 file. The .pk3 file name would be the name used for the game folder in DOS with a "1" appended to shareware versions (just like Doom engine games) and the Macintosh version of Wolfenstein 3D using macwolf or something similar.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Feature request: put all game data in a .pk3

Post by Blzut3 »

Well the good news is the Macintosh version is a single file already.

As for the request, it's more work than it's worth. If you want a clean game directory, stick the data in your %AppData%\ecwolf where it will be out of sight out of mind. :) You can specify more scanning locations in the cfg as well. It would be legal to make a tool to generate such files, but it's unlikely that many people would bother with using such tool.
TheCrimsonEscapade

Re: Feature request: put all game data in a .pk3

Post by TheCrimsonEscapade »

Ah, didn't know about adding scanning locations. In that case I will just make subdirectories in the ecwolf folder to organize the files. I am trying to make a portable install and like to keep everything in the folder organized.

Return to “ECWolf”