(General Wolf issue?) "No player one start found!"

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Smedis2

(General Wolf issue?) "No player one start found!"

Post by Smedis2 »

Hello again. Recently, I attempted to make a VERY basic map for ECWolf. It was just a small room with wells. Nothing more, nothing less.
I placed a P1 start, but the game refused to accept it. Every time at start, it would read
Every editor I've used results in this. I actually made a really crappy and basic edit of E1L1, and that didn't work. However, I decided to rip the Tech Demo's first map and put it in a WAD, and it actually loaded. So, the question is,
what am I doing wrong?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: (General Wolf issue?) "No player one start found!"

Post by Blzut3 »

You're the one that sent me an email about this about a week ago right? Thanks for the reminder.

I looked into it and the problem is whatever editor you're using is outputting a map name that's too long (32 characters) even though the map name is far shorter. It's a bug on ECWolf's end since I didn't know what the purpose of one value was. I will fix this tonight.

Edit: This build should contain the fix: http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/ecw ... 25-0148.7z
Smedis2

Post by Smedis2 »

It worked for a little bit. Then the program would close right when I loaded the first map. Now this.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Looks to me like you got SDL.dll from a weird source. Did you install that build over the official 32-bit 1.3?
Smedis2

Post by Smedis2 »

Yes.
filipetolhuizen

Post by filipetolhuizen »

Smedis2 wrote:Hello again. Recently, I attempted to make a VERY basic map for ECWolf. It was just a small room with wells. Nothing more, nothing less.
I placed a P1 start, but the game refused to accept it. Every time at start, it would read
Every editor I've used results in this. I actually made a really crappy and basic edit of E1L1, and that didn't work. However, I decided to rip the Tech Demo's first map and put it in a WAD, and it actually loaded. So, the question is,
what am I doing wrong?
I'm having this same issue with the latest build (from june 25). The build from May 30 works fine.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Yeah, I didn't think about vanilla's maps when testing the new code (I just tested the tech demo). That bug is fixed and should appear in the next build.

In IRC Smedis2's problem got solved (it was something to do with running the wrong copy). The June 25th build does work for his map and the next build will make both his maps and vanilla work.

Return to “ECWolf”