Castle Totenkopf

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

RetroWolf92

Castle Totenkopf

Post by RetroWolf92 »

Ooooooooookaaaaaaaay this might be stretching it a little far, but seeing as Castle Totenkopf was built off of WOLF4SDL. Would it work in ECWolf?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Castle Totenkopf

Post by Blzut3 »

Nope. For an old mod to work in ECWolf it must work on an unmodified Wolf4SDL. In other words if the mod includes an exe you're pretty much out of luck.

Vanilla Wolf3D (and thus Wolf4SDL) is actually quite limiting on what it can do so there are very few such mods.
RetroWolf92

Post by RetroWolf92 »

I just finished watching Bashe86 play a pretty complex tech demo for ECWolf that had ambient sounds, modified weapons and the such. Nothing that Totenkopf did differently, well, okay Totenkopf had visible bullets. But that's about it. The tech demo had flats for ceilings and walls and such. Totenkopf (as far as I know) didn't directly modify the .EXE for all of it's amazing effects. Then again, I could be wrong, I don't know how to program very well. I'm very much new Visual C++.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

You could probably replicate most of the source code changes with decorate, a new xlat, and a new mapinfo. It would just take a lot of work. Only the more adventurous source changes (like sky textures and that hide in the dark mod I've seen can't remember what it's called) can't be replicated (yet. I'm sure that ECWolf will get far more advanced in the future). Technically, you can probably do (almost) anything with source editing, but I've noticed that most people don't do much more than change text, change the numbers of maps, add enemies and weapons, and so on.

Return to “ECWolf”