How to make Wolf3D WADs?

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

RetroWolf92

How to make Wolf3D WADs?

Post by RetroWolf92 »

I know how to make WADs work for Doom, but when I tried with Wolf3D, nope. I tried simply importing the files onto LUMPS in the WAD.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: How to make Wolf3D WADs?

Post by Blzut3 »

It works exactly the same. It is in fact ZDoom's resource management code that handles them.
RetroWolf92

Post by RetroWolf92 »

Blzut3 wrote:It works exactly the same. It is in fact ZDoom's resource management code that handles them.
It's not so much putting stuff in. It's where it goes, I mean. Like, how do I structure it? Usually for Doom WADs, sprites and such go under S_START and S_END, like:

S_START
<sprites>
S_END

But it's not reading the .WL6 data that I put in the WAD.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

In order to use WL6 Data, you have to put it in a zip with a file named ECWOLF.WL6 (or extension of files you are using) and put it inside a pk3. Not sure if you can do it with a WAD or not. I would recommend extracting the data from those .WL6 files using an editor (such as WDC) and putting them in the pk3 itself. The structure is pretty much the same as Doom, so check out a .pk3 or .wad (preferably a ZDoom mod) to see what all you have to do. The wiki should have a lot of useful information as well.

Return to “ECWolf”