Lump names for Mac assets?

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

AstroCreep

Lump names for Mac assets?

Post by AstroCreep »

I've been searching all through the pk3 and I can't seem to find anything that refers to what the lump names for walls are in the Mac version. Been trying to figure out how to achieve full cross compatibility with either Mac or PC wolfenstein in a mod, and I'm pretty damn close, but I need to figure out how to rip game palettes, mac resources, and I need those lump names lol. It's just weird because there doesn't seem to be a ***map.txt for Mac at all, lol. Any chance I could get anyone to help me out a bit?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Lump names for Mac assets?

Post by Blzut3 »

https://bitbucket.org/Blzut3/ecwolf/src ... ult#cl-223

Anything not listed there is generated based on the resource number. This is because the Mac Wolf engine allows for things like custom textures and music without any real restrictions. You can find the templates by looking for the sprintf calls.

Having the names in the pk3 doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the engine wasn't used for anything else to my knowledge. Even if it was, it's likely that additional logic would be needed to genericize the code anyhow.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Thanks much
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Hmmmm.......I wonder how well it works in reverse.....

EDIT:

Hmmmmm.......

by the way, how would I go about getting a file for the mac wolf palette? Would make things a bit easier.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

It's the same as the palette Noah uses unless I'm crazy.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

There seem to be a few differences
Poogly

Post by Poogly »

Hi!

This problem is due to a minor difference between First Encounter and Third Encounter color palette, black and white color are swapped.
Astrostein was done for the Third Encounter so you have to use corresponding binary or manually swap colors.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Poogly wrote:This problem is due to a minor difference between First Encounter and Third Encounter color palette, black and white color are swapped.
Astrostein was done for the Third Encounter so you have to use corresponding binary or manually swap colors.
Yep, this is the primary difference between the 3rd encounter Mac palette and Noah as well. The only other difference being that Noah's palette was 6 bit per channel.
Attachments
3rdencpal.zip
(664 Bytes) Downloaded 74 times

Return to “ECWolf”