Re-aquainting with the group

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoic

Kappes Buur
Persecution Complex

Re-aquainting with the group

Post by Kappes Buur »

Just logging in to say hi and that I am looking forward to some play testing sessions. :D
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Re-aquainting with the group

Post by Rex Claussen »

Excellent, KB! Welcome back into the fold.

Please browse the various forums, and get familiar with the projects and issues. I will be putting up a WIP of Paranoid very soon, and you can read through the known issues to know where stuff needs fixes.
Kappes Buur
Persecution Complex

Post by Kappes Buur »

Clicking on known issues gives me this

Not all hurdles have been cleared yet. :cry:
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

KB, it seems as if neither Enjay nor Eruanna have seen the PMs I sent them to give you access to the forums. You are currently using the public forums, to which everyone has access.

I will send them another PM, and hopefully you'll be given the necessary permissions soon.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Enjay last visited these forums on Mon Aug 10, 2015
Eruanna last posted on these forums on Fri Oct 02, 2015

Both of them have indicated they are very busy, and that might be preventing them from visiting these forums and giving you permissions.

I poked around, and I can't find any other Administrators to request. In other words, I think Enjay & Eruanna may be the only Administrators on these forums. I guess patience is in order.
Kappes Buur
Persecution Complex

Post by Kappes Buur »

A typical case of real life interfering with one's hobby. :)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

KB, I take it that you still don't have forum access?

I sent another PM a few days ago, this time to all Admins, including Manc (site owner).
Kappes Buur
Persecution Complex

Post by Kappes Buur »

Not yet.

I don't know if you want to do this, send me a download location for Paranoiac via PM so I can take a look at it.
And hopefully, meantime someone will read their messages.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Kappes Buur wrote:.... send me a download location for Paranoiac via PM so I can take a look at it.
I'll need to pull the package together, as the project is currently in multiple files (weapons, models, & textures in one pk3, "Earth" maps in one wad, Xen maps in individual wads, bonus maps in individual wads, music in individual .ogg files, enemies in a separate pk3). Plus, I need to put all the player starts in the proper places so that the hub appears seamless.

Give me a little time to pull everything together. The enemies are in a file with more enemies than I intend to use in Paranoiac, so I'll have to cull the unwanted enemies. Of course, this involves examining the DECORATE code and extracting the relevant resources, so this is a time-consuming effort on which I have been procrastinating.

Plus, it's going to take me a while to set up the music, because of ZDooM's music limitations.

Perhaps, the better idea is to pull together everything minus the enemies & music, clean it up, and send you a download link. The fights aspects of gameplay will be missing, but it would be similar to doing a no-monsters walkthrough.

[Just a heads-up. I have been asking DBT for help with a couple of weapons, but I haven't heard back from him - the Gluon Gun & the Hive-Hand. The DECORATE code for both of these weapons was developed for Aeons of Death. However, the code is so convoluted (for me, at least), that it would take me forever (including much trial & error) to pull everything together satisfactorily. If you have some confidence in your ability to do what I'm asking, that would be the first order of business. This is outlined in the forums, but of course you don't have access. Let me know if you'd like to volunteer for this task. If so, we can use this public forum for our discussions, then move them to the relevant forum when you get full access. Thanks.]

[EDIT: I have started a thread on weapons issues. For now, let's use that thread, which we can then merge into the relevant forums when you get access.]
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Sorry. I am in Sweden right now and it's been a busy few weeks. Kappes should be in the Pers. Complex forums now.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Thanks, Eruanna

Return to “Paranoiac”