GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" Intel/Windows 10 FIX!

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Sathanas616

GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" Intel/Windows 10 FIX!

Post by Sathanas616 »

Hi people, Uncle Satan here with a little fix to an annoying problem that affects a lot of people with certain Intel drivers and Windows 10. It's basically a message you get when trying to open GZDoom... "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!":

First, you'll need to download one of these GZDoom builds here: http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

After that, extract it to a folder and place any doom wad/wads you wish in the same folder. Then you want to download this: https://github.com/alexey-lysiuk/tools/ ... fi/Release

Place it in the folder you extracted GZDoom and drag and drop the gzdoom.exe file on the wtfi.exe file:

A window will open and quickly ask you to press any key to continue, do it! There you go, you now have a working/patched version of GZDoom!

:bfg: :angel:

So, a little update here, you don't need to use one of the GZDoom builds mentioned earlier, you can use the latest GZDoom update (v2.2.0) too: https://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download
Just make sure you download the 32-bit one, I have a 64-bit system but the 64-bit one doesn't seem to work, okay?
Last edited by Sathanas616 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 21:57, edited 4 times in total.
Read if you wish, and pray to your true lord and savior... Sathanas!
Spoiler:
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" Intel/Windows 10 FIX!

Post by Rachael »

As useful as this may be this has already been discussed and stickied in the tech forum - however I will let Graf decide how he wants both topics to be handled, seeing as how this topic seems to be more Google-friendly.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Agreed, let's sticky this one.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Do you want it moved (replacing the existing topic) in the tech forum, too?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, sure, why not.

Post by Guest »

hi everyone, i have a 32 bit system and am using this pacth to play brutal doom for quite some time now, but i'll be moving to 64 bits system soon, so i was wondering if the incompatible with 64 bits systems stands still? or has is been solved already?
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

I guess it was not, need to check. I didn't know about this problem to be honest.
You can still use 32-bit GZDoom on 64-bit Windows by the way.

EDIT: The tool works fine on 64-bit Windows 10 and patches both 32- and 64-bit executable files correctly. Have no idea about what incompatibility you are asking.

Post by Guest »

the one mentioned on first post on this thread but if everything works fine good news then, thank you for cheking that out for me

Return to “Technical Support”