Fade-In & Fade-Out Seem to be Broken

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Fade-In & Fade-Out Seem to be Broken

Post by Rex Claussen »

This is happening on GZDooM v2.3.2 and at least one development build. Specifically, it happens in Paranoiac. Graf, you have a relatively recent build of the game, so you can test it. The TITLEMAP has fades, Map16 has fades, and Map21 has fades.

I am currently using G2.4Pre-342-GD90F2BA. These are the specs of my computers in question:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
DirectX: 11.0
Chipset: Intel 4 Express (Internal)
Dedicated video memory: 64 MB

My other computer has these specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 4400 @ 2 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
DirectX: 11.0
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB GDDR5
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: Fade-In & Fade-Out Seem to be Broken

Post by Enjay »

Happens on my computer too, it's not computer specific.

It's easy to reproduce. Load up the Paranoiac mod and watch the titlemap. When the camera angle changes to give a different view of the Osprey helicopter thingy, the view fades to black and then fades up again to make the camera change look smoother. This works in the official build but not later git builds; you don't see a fade, the camera just jumps to the next view.

Interestingly, the map starts by fading in from black and that still works. I'm not sure if that's done the same way or not though.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Fade-In & Fade-Out Seem to be Broken

Post by Rex Claussen »

Rex Claussen wrote:This is happening on GZDooM v2.3.2 and at least one development build. Specifically, it happens in Paranoiac. Graf, you have a relatively recent build of the game, so you can test it. The TITLEMAP has fades, Map16 has fades, and Map21 has fades.
Correction: It does not happen in v2.3.2
Correction: It does not happen on Maps 16 & 21

In other words, it only happens in the TITLEMAP

Return to “Technical Support”