Saved Games Don't "Remember" Gravity Settings

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Saved Games Don't "Remember" Gravity Settings

Post by Rex Claussen »

Davitch pointed out in this thread that loading up a saved game of maps with gravity settings makes GZDooM forget that the maps had gravity. I can't tell if this is something in GZDooM, or something in the game files. For reference, this wasn't a problem a few months ago. So, unless GZDooM has changed, or something in the MAPINFO is creating a conflict, I can't figure out why this might be happening.

Graf, please use the build of Paranoiac I sent you via PM yesterday. The problems are in MAPS 19--21.

Thanks.

[EDIT: I just checked a build of Paranoiac dated 2016-11-09, prior to the introduction of the updated MAPINFO, and the gravity problem exists with that version too. So we can rule out MAPINFO conflicts.]

[EDIT: I just tested with GZDooM v1.8.10 and the game remembered the gravity setting. This problem appears to have been introduced with newer GZDooM versions.]
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Saved Games Don't "Remember" Gravity Settings

Post by Graf Zahl »

Please note that this is NOT a bugs forum and not a place I check for things to do. Use the tracker, please.

Return to “Technical Support”