How to force English language?

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

underskyzx

How to force English language?

Post by underskyzx »

I think GZDoom detects my country somewhere and sets the language to Portuguese, no offense but the translation sucks, I would like to play in English is there a way to force?

Thanks and sorry if I offended the Portuguese translator :P
Blue Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to force English language?

Post by Blue Shadow »

There is a language console variable, try that.
underskyzx

Post by underskyzx »

I modified that variable in the ini and it worked, no more weird Portuguese mixed with English.

Thanks!
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

underskyzx wrote:no offense but the translation sucks
If you were interested in creating a better translation yourself, it might be possible to have it included with the game (though I believe many non-native English speakers set it to use English anyway).
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Yeah - especially with things being constantly added, there's no way to keep all the languages in sync, so the English is always updated first. Usually if it's in English it's a new enough feature that the last translator never got around to translating it.

If you want to help out, take the language.enu file and translate it to your own language and submit it. It helps a ton! :)
underskyzx

Post by underskyzx »

Rachael wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:32 Yeah - especially with things being constantly added, there's no way to keep all the languages in sync, so the English is always updated first. Usually if it's in English it's a new enough feature that the last translator never got around to translating it.

If you want to help out, take the language.enu file and translate it to your own language and submit it. It helps a ton! :)
My english sucks I prefer just because english looks better IMO

Return to “Technical Support”