Crashes whenever I fire from a weapon using any mod

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

DoodGuy

Crashes whenever I fire from a weapon using any mod

Post by DoodGuy »

I'm using the latest version of GZ Doom, I loaded Project Brutality with vanilla doom and when I fired with a weapon it crashed. Same with D4T, D4D, and other mods. Here is the crash report if it helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbmgi95k5o3xm ... t.zip?dl=0
EDIT:However Zandronum works fine
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Re: Crashes whenever I fire from a weapon using any mod

Post by _mental_ »

It crashes inside Intel's OpenGL driver. If graphics drivers are already up to date, you are out of luck.
However you can try to start GZDoom with -glversion 2 command line options.
DoodGuy

Post by DoodGuy »

_mental_ wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:48 It crashes inside Intel's OpenGL driver. If graphics drivers are already up to date, you are out of luck.
Thanks, I will try it.
DoodGuy

Post by DoodGuy »

_mental_ wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:48 It crashes inside Intel's OpenGL driver. If graphics drivers are already up to date, you are out of luck.
When I added the command line it won't load mods at all
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

You must be doing it wrong. How exactly are you starting GZDoom?
DoodGuy

Post by DoodGuy »

Enjay wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:19 You must be doing it wrong. How exactly are you starting GZDoom?
Well I made a shortcut with a command line -glversion 2, dragged the D4Tv1011.pk3 to the shortcut and it ignored the mod and just loaded Vanilla Doom.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Try adding the D4Tv1011.pk3 to the command line. The easiest way would be to have it in the same folder as GZDoom and then just add the file name. Otherwise you'll have to type in the full path to the file instead.

Or consider using a launcher such as ZDL. Once it's set up, you can drag/drop files into the external files list and easily add extra arguments to the command line.
DoodGuy

Post by DoodGuy »

Enjay wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 18:01 Try adding the D4Tv1011.pk3 to the command line. The easiest way would be to have it in the same folder as GZDoom and then just add the file name. Otherwise you'll have to type in the full path to the file instead.

Or consider using a launcher such as ZDL. Once it's set up, you can drag/drop files into the external files list and easily add extra arguments to the command line.
It worked! Thanks a lot! :D

Return to “Technical Support”