Gamma and Brightness Keep Resetting

Something not working in GZDoom that's not a bug? Is the display a bit quirky and unexpected? Post here.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

brakenwagen

Gamma and Brightness Keep Resetting

Post by brakenwagen »

I have had this wired problem since being forced to update my GPU drivers through a windows update. No opengl app (including gzdoom) will save the brightness and gamma correction levels. In order to restore them I have to go into the menu and make a slight change to any of the sliders and the levels go back in sync with the app. Wondering if any other gzdoom players have encountered this problem and have a solution.

GPU AMD Radeon R9 380
Driver Ver 17.1.1
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Gamma and Brightness Keep Resetting

Post by Rachael »

Try typing "vid_hwgamma 0" at the console.
brakenwagen

Post by brakenwagen »

Vid_hwgamma 0 did nothing but vid_hwgamma 1 fixed the problem so thanks. I don’t suppose you have any idea how to fix the other applications this problem persist across the whole system any app using opengl won’t save gamma and brightness. If I had at least an idea of what was going on.

I also found an old copy of my drivers and was able to roll them back meaning the problem has something to do with windows 10 creators update.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That update has apparently caused massive compatibility issues with OpenGL. We can only wait and see how things will develop.

Return to “Technical Support”