Help make DRD Team 2.0 more attractive - Continued

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Help make DRD Team 2.0 more attractive - Continued

Post by Rex Claussen »

One of the ideas discussed in this thread was for the DRD Team site to host wads before they are uploaded to the idgames archives.

In this thread I said:
Rex Claussen wrote:[I have completed one map in a 2-map set for DooM2 named From the Ashes of Fear, am working on The Phobos Directive, and on Paranoid, a 5-map hub Half-Life mod for GZDooM.]
I have completed From the Ashes of Fear, and will be having it tested soon. As soon as that is done the wad will be ready for release. We need to figure out how to host/present it in a manner that will publicize the DRD Team site and encourage others to contribute here.

Ideas please.

I'll get the ball rolling:
  • 1. The main page will need to have a link (perhaps under the Hosted section) to a wads page.
    2. The wads page will list all available wads, and will have an excerpt of each wad with one or two screenshots, plus links to the text file and the zip download.
    3. The wads page can also have a link to the Review forum to allow users to post their comments on the wads they have played.
    4. We will need to publicize this new feature of the DRD Team site. First, this site itself will need to make an announcement when the first wad is available and the site is set up. Second, this news item should be submitted to the three other main DooM sites - DooM World, New DooM, and ZDooM. [In fact, DooM World and ZDooM allow any registered user of the forums to post a news item.]
    5. We will need to publicize the fact that we are looking for wads to host. This can be done along with the news release mentioned in Item 4, above.
    6. Once the wads start coming in we will continue to publicize this feature. Hopefully, it will attract more visitors.
On another note, I am still working on my short-story entitled The Phobos Directive. I will send it in to DRD Team when it's done.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

This needs time as I'm working on drdteam.org 2.0 and don't want to modify the current one any more.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Very good.

Can you give us a time frame? I ask because I've already announced the completion and imminent release of From the Ashes of Fear. If 2.0 is going to be a while, perhaps I can go ahead and release the wad for now, and contribute my next wad to drdteam.org 2.0

The same question applies to my short story The Phobos Directive.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

Go ahead and release it now. 2.0 is going to take me some time.

Return to “General”