Invalid session during Registration

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Costja

Invalid session during Registration

Post by Costja »

My friend and I can't register a new account at this forum, as after clicking Submit on registration form it shows "Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form." error and resubmitting doesn't help.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

This is a known problem. Please PM me the following information:

Username
Desired password (can be changed later)
Email (must be correct)
Costja

Post by Costja »

Ok, PMed
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

This post contains incorrect information. Please scroll down two posts for the correct info.

[spoiler]After researching this problem, it appears that Internet Explorer 7 browsers are able to complete registration. However, in order to use Internet Exploder on this site, HTTP/1.1 must be enabled. HTTP/1.0 is permenantly blocked due to spambots and hackbots.

EDIT: An additional note, you may switch back to your favorite browser after registration. Firefox and Opera works fine everywhere else on the site, and is therefore highly recommended.

Microsoft wrote:To verify that Internet Explorer is configured to use the HTTP 1.1 protocol:
1. Open the Internet Options property sheet
* If using IE 4, this is located under the View menu
* If using IE 5, this is located under the Tools menu
2. Select the Advanced tab
3. Under HTTP 1.1 settings, verify that Use HTTP 1.1 is selected (see Figure 1 below).

Figure 1: The Internet Options property sheet

(source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 9.aspx)
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Rachael on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I'm gonna sticky this post for informational purposes. I think it also needs to be referenced on the front page news.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

After a little more research, I was wrong about Internet Explorer 7 working on this site.

It's actually cookies that are the problem.

In order to register, you need to delete all your cookies. You may have to leave them enabled, though... just deleted.

EDIT: Unstickied this topic since a news topic contains more relevant information.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

It appears that problems relating to registering have arisen again, even if you clear your cookies. For this reason, I'm opening forum@drdteam.org for issues relating to registering. I am, however, more focused on trying to launch phpBB3, because as soon as it's in use the problem should go away.
WolfyGirl

Post by WolfyGirl »

the only problem is that the PHPBB3 test forum looks to much like this one.
all the settings are so not PHPBB3, which means that the database is different than it use to be.
however, we could always try to work together on that problem by checking the SQL database.
the best option is to start and second PHPBB3 board and copy those database tables into the old one, but first we have to be sure that everything will convert correctly.
like i said, it looks more like PHPBB2 to me. :/
sadly i can't help with it, because i don't have the rights to access the mySQL Database system.
So actually it is all up to the SQL admins.if we still have the same problems, we might have to contact one of the PHPBB community admins for help about this converting situation.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

The upgrade was previously done offline successfully, and that's how it will be done again. The conversion has been perfect every time, as well, with the exception of some of the "extras".

Return to “General”