[You] tag

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: [You] tag

Post by Rachael »

You should not be fearful. The IP address shown is private, and only you can see it. Of course, if you connect from another IP, it will show that one instead.

Your IP address is broadcasted to every website you visit. In fact, you can even go to a site such as http://www.whatismyip.com/ to find out your IP quickly and easily.

Yeah, it's pretty weird to see it show up in a post the way I worded it, but nevertheless, this IS the Username topic... :P

No hacker will get any data by sniffing that post that they don't already have. The packet containing that post that's sent to your computer... guess what, it's encoded with the IP directly in the header already. :)

Does not the postman see your home address with every letter you get? He has to, or he can't deliver it. It's the same thing here.

So really, you can relax. There's no harm being done.
Pluck101

Post by Pluck101 »

SoulPriestess wrote:A bunch of stuff... then...So really, you can relax. There's no harm being done.
I wasnt afraid of the IP adress thing because i already knew that, i was afraid of your knowledge and power :worship:
Your future has become.... FORSAKEN!
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

I never knew my name was so popular in this thread :lol:

also my real avatar is this:
Spoiler:
I also knew the trick in the thread i was just laughing too much to respond at the funny
thought of my name in a tag :mrgreen: . I agree this idea too as long as it doesn't get abused
for same reasons as everyone stated.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Bleh... sometimes it's better just to let it die.

Return to “General”