GZ-DOOM.PK3 6 "ALIGNANGLE" entries not recognised

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
dko777

GZ-DOOM.PK3 6 "ALIGNANGLE" entries not recognised

Post by dko777 »

Hi,

When launching "Doom" IWADs I get some lines not being recognized. I have managed to sort out a spelling error to fix most BUT cannot find any references on the Internet to help me with the 6 remaining unrecognised lines in the script

All remaining errors refer to not recognizing "ALIGNANGLE". Obviously I could delete the lines concerned, but that would just be avoiding the issue.

I am not a programmer so am unable investigate further myself as I do not know where to begin. Please can somebody kindly advise me on this issue and what the correct remedy is to resolve.

Here is a screen dump of the console log showing the errors
PicPick Image 001 (11-03-2015).jpg
PicPick Image 001 (11-03-2015).jpg (107.44 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
Many thanks all
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: GZ-DOOM.PK3 6 "ALIGNANGLE" entries not recognised

Post by Enjay »

Is "alignangle" even a thing in GZDoom? It's not on the Wiki page for MODELDEF and a quick search through the source didn't find it. Is this, perhaps, something from another port such as Zandronum or perhaps even an unrelated port such as Doomsday?
dko777

Post by dko777 »

Enjay wrote:Is "alignangle" even a thing in GZDoom? It's not on the Wiki page for MODELDEF and a quick search through the source didn't find it. Is this, perhaps, something from another port such as Zandronum or perhaps even an unrelated port such as Doomsday?

Thank you for your reply Enjay :)

All I could find connecting GZDoom was on https://code.google.com/p/ds-models/sou ... svn12&r=12
where it referred to "DS-Models" and "3D Models for GZDoom, Zandronum and Skulltag" and showed script with ALIGNANGLE used.

I could only find a few other URLs referencing "ALIGN ANGELS" mostly in connection with Skulltag.

So I Think you are correct and I think can delete the 6 lines calling "ALIGNANGLE" (to clean up). I was not willing until now to do that (not being a developer or programmer) until a much more experienced person like yourself questioned it being relevant to GZDoom

Before I posted my question about "ALIGNANGLE", I did manager correct many loading error messages by correcting 10+ lines in GZ-Models.pk3 from the misspelt "INTERPOLATEDOUBLEFRAMES" to the correct spelling of "INTERPOLATEDOUBLEDFRAMES" in GZ-Models.pk3.

Many thanks Enjay
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

DS-models - that would explain it. That's not official from the GZDoom developers, it is compiled and supported by another prominent user of the community entirely.

The person you're looking for is dark-slayer-201. He doesn't come here very often anymore, but he is often over at Zandronum. You can try sending him a message about this in both places to see if you can reach him.
dko777

Post by dko777 »

Eruanna wrote:DS-models - that would explain it. That's not official from the GZDoom developers, it is compiled and supported by another prominent user of the community entirely.

The person you're looking for is dark-slayer-201. He doesn't come here very often anymore, but he is often over at Zandronum. You can try sending him a message about this in both places to see if you can reach him.

Thank you for your info. Based upon what you have said and Enjay I am satisfied that the GZ-Models.pk3 is based (IMHO) upon another engine in the first place. I because this belief on the fact that the original GZ-Models.pk3 I downloaded needed 100s of spaces removed (e.g. " Skin" instead of "Skin")for those lines many lines throughout the pk3 to be recognized by GZDoom.
Recently I corrected further (approx. 21) lines which had misspelt INTERPOLATEDOUBLEDFRAMES (a D was missing INTERPOLATEDOUBLEFRAMES). This has been an issue all along but I only found what to do to resolve a couple of weeks ago. There were another 6 (approx. with just ALGNANGLES in two scripts which GZDoom does not recognize and by what you and Enjay said are not compatible with GZDoom.

I yesterday downloaded the latest version GZ-Models-r16.pk3. I have no idea what changes there are BUT all the issues I found (as have others over time) in GZ-Models.pk3 remained the same so I had the correct all over again.

I feel sure if I contacted the author I would be advised to remove the ALIGNANGLES (which I already have).

I wish to state on the record that I am NOT criticizing the Author or the pack which I love and always use. I could never produce such packs and appreciate those who who put so much time and effort into such packs and Mods and for the benefit of others).

I also use Heretic Hi Res packs which I suspect may come from the same Author as some scripts and models are the same as in the GZ-Models packs. The ONLY slight disappointment, for me, with Heretic is the flames in torches on walls or braziers do not look real at all (bit like when theatres use material to simulate flames) (the originals look much more real BUT are Low Res and pixelate (blocky) in parts of their movement).

I know many like original models and textures and I understand their reasons but I am one who prefers HI Res graphics which PCs, CPUs and Graphic cards can now produce with ease. (JMHO :D)

Kind regards

Return to “General”