30 seconds, and crash.

These are problems that have already been resolved, either by others or by their users.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Wivicer

30 seconds, and crash.

Post by Wivicer »

I'm playing with the latest nightly build of the mac version of gzdoom, and after about 30 seconds or so of playing with any mod (it doesn't happen on vanilla), the game freezes for maybe 5-10 seconds. Then it unfreezes for another 5-10 seconds, then crashes completely. I'm not sure where to find the crash report, so I don't have that to post.

I should probably also mention that this happened with a few different gameplay mods (johnnydoom, trailblazer v1.4) on the first map of scythe2, specifically when opening the door to the rest of the level.
Last edited by Wivicer on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:52, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: 30 seconds, and crash.

Post by Rachael »

Do you get a crash window where you can copy-paste any info? I haven't personally used the Mac builds, I have not touched my Mac since sometime before ZDoom first started supporting Mac so I don't know what's going on with the Mac versions right now.

As for your crash reports, look for some sort of GZDoom folder inside your home folder. It may be hidden (I believe there is an option to show hidden folders, isn't there?).
Wivicer

Post by Wivicer »

Spoiler: crash report
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Also something else that will be helpful - what graphics card are you using and when was the last time you checked for updates?

System Profiler should at least be able to tell you what your GPU is. (I think?)
Wivicer

Post by Wivicer »

AMD Radeon 6750M

I WAS overdue for a software update, and that seems to have fixed it.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Moved to appropriate forum then. Glad you fixed your issue.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Good to hear. The crash was deep inside system code, it would have been impossible to track down without the affected system.

Return to “Closed Tech Issues”