Help!, No sound error :(

These are problems that have already been resolved, either by others or by their users.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Sepelentus

Help!, No sound error :(

Post by Sepelentus »

Im trying to play MetaDoom with D2KITANA, when i run gzdoom i dont hear nothing, it says "Sound not ini. No sound"

Sound init failed. Using nosound.
V_Init: allocate screen.
S_Init: Setting up sound.

Help :bfg: :blergh:

Thanks
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Help!, No sound error :(

Post by Rachael »

Do you have FMOD/OpenAL properly installed alongside GZDoom? Are you building yourself or using a precompiled build? If you're using a precompiled build why aren't you using the included fmod/xxxx stuff? (Or - did you change the sound backend yourself through the menu?)
Sepelentus

Post by Sepelentus »

Just instaled gzdoom, played it, that's all

I use to play on Zandronum
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

If you want any help you have to help me help you. You're way too vague. I need to know a lot of things, like where did you get it from, where did you install it, etc. Your one-liners simply will not do.

I'm not some magical wizard who knows what's going on in your computer without you telling me.
Sepelentus

Post by Sepelentus »

I download it from https://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download, i just extracted .zip, then i proceed to install all the wads i wanted to play, i tested out gzdoom with doom2.wad and already throw me nosound, i extracted fmod.dll from zandronum and still dont work, the version i installed it's 2.3.2 windows (64 bits), i have a intel core i3, 8 gb ram, AMD Radeon R5 M230, Direct 3D 9.14.10
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

Please do the following: extract downloaded GZDoom 2.3.2 .zip to an empty directory, copy doom2.wad to it, run with +logfile log.txt command line and exit, i.e.:

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe +logfile log.txt
Then post content of log.txt here. It should contain some hints about the reason of FMOD Ex initialization failure.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Before you do that, please re-extract the GZDoom archive, and overwrite *all* files, especially the FMOD files.
Sepelentus

Post by Sepelentus »

Oh, now its working, Thanks guys

Return to “Closed Tech Issues”