Any Timetable Established?

Moderator: Rex Claussen

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Any Timetable Established?

Post by Rex Claussen »

Ed & Rachael, do you have any particular timetable for the completion of Paranoid Gold? The reason I ask is so that I (or others on the Team) can complete the rework of Paranoia for possible inclusion in the Gold package.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Any Timetable Established?

Post by Rachael »

At the moment, no. The thing I would suggest is getting used to Git - we've established a public Git repository for this - if you need some privacy I can set one up on Bitbucket, instead, but it will not sync as often to the main one.

Getting used to Git will help *HUGELY* with the project's workflow. It will prevent the whole "who has the master copy?!" dilemma that we had frequently in Paranoiac - as long as Git is used responsibly (i.e. commit & push often).
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Any Timetable Established?

Post by Rex Claussen »

Rachael wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 22:13At the moment, no.
OK, no hurry.
The thing I would suggest is getting used to Git - we've established a public Git repository for this - if you need some privacy I can set one up on Bitbucket, instead, but it will not sync as often to the main one.
No need for privacy. The public Git repository will work just fine.
Getting used to Git will help *HUGELY* with the project's workflow. It will prevent the whole "who has the master copy?!" dilemma that we had frequently in Paranoiac - as long as Git is used responsibly (i.e. commit & push often).
No worries there, either. I completely agree that the "who has the master copy?!" issue is a major pain. At any rate, I am not keen on being the Team-member with primary responsibility for the tasking. Aside from the time commitment required, I think the project has reached a technical level that exceeds my capabilities (e.g., ZScript, co-op, etc.) Therefore, I'm content to let you and Ed lead, while I follow.

At this point I believe my primary responsibilities will be the following, although anyone else on the Team is equally qualified:

1. Updating gameplay in Paranoid with the new weapons, etc.
2. Updating Paranoid with the new background music.
3. Creating new maps or updating Paranoia.

Return to “Parallax”