Hornets and Rockets - Pitch?

Moderator: Rex Claussen

Enjay
Developer
Developer

Hornets and Rockets - Pitch?

Post by Enjay »

Hey, just dipping in.

Real-life work has taken off again but I very much intend to avoid being as absent as I was in the past. I've downloaded a recent version and it looks amazing, just amazing. I think the implementation of the models is absolutely superb and really raises the standard of the game.

Anyway, I've only had a chance to run around and mess with a few things but one very minor thing I noticed which could perhaps be addressed is the little hornet models and the rockets from the rocket launcher are always parallel to the ground. How about giving their modeldef the PITCHFROMMOMENTUM keyword?

I don't know if any other models in the game would also benefit from this treatment.
Ed the Bat
Developer
Developer

Re: Hornets and Rockets - Pitch?

Post by Ed the Bat »

Good idea. I gave the RPG shot the USEACTORPITCH flag, but it dawns on me that the actor won't pitch unless I manually added that in the weapon, which is just a longer way to achieve PITCHFROMMOMENTUM.

I've put the flag on the rocket and the hornets. If anyone spots another actor that should have it, I'm happy to add it.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Enjay wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 21:17I don't know if any other models in the game would also benefit from this treatment.
Ed the Bat wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 21:43If anyone spots another actor that should have it, I'm happy to add it.
The missile used, in the second TITLEMAP, to bring down Bellmer's Osprey could also benefit from the pitch feature. The actor's name is "Missile", and the DoomEd # is 30022
Ed the Bat
Developer
Developer

Post by Ed the Bat »

That actor already has it, actually. You are right; it does benefit from the flag since its main use, that cutscene, has them fire almost straight up.

Return to “Parallax”