[Question] 3D Floors, point lights?

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Zell

[Question] 3D Floors, point lights?

Post by Zell »

I was wondering what the specials were for 3D floors and point lights. I'd love to mess around with this for a bit :P
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Lights are the same as ZDoomGL. If you want a quick start grab the Vavoom docs. Its light and 3D floor types types are supported as well and they are documented on http://www.vavoom-engine.com .

As for the rest, that will be done in the next few days. Rest assured, you will get your docs. ;)
chaoscentral

Post by chaoscentral »

ehhh... I just tried to make a 3D floor with line type 160(same as vavoom) and it didnt work. I set it up exactly the same as vavoom... and nothing

also might I point out... that when using the alt hud at a low resolution... ig you are using a wad that has alot of weapons and ammo types they dont all show up...
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

chaoscentral wrote:ehhh... I just tried to make a 3D floor with line type 160(same as vavoom) and it didnt work. I set it up exactly the same as vavoom... and nothing
I can play both Silent Steel and Dark Wispers and all the 3D floors are there.
Can you send me the map so I can analyze it? Due to the lack of Vavoom maps I haven't been able to thoroughly test the Vavoom method so there may be bugs.

also might I point out... that when using the alt hud at a low resolution... ig you are using a wad that has alot of weapons and ammo types they dont all show up...
Well, what should I do? It inevitably runs out of space to display all the stuff. I can't clutter the entire screen with weapon graphics, can I?
chaoscentral

Post by chaoscentral »

Graf Zahl wrote:
Well, what should I do? It inevitably runs out of space to display all the stuff. I can't clutter the entire screen with weapon graphics, can I?
just thought I'd just throw that out there... does 3D floors work in software, cuz that might be why it wont work on my computer.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

No, it doesn't. The software renderer is just there because the code is there. It doesn't support 3D floors because it is exactly the same as ZDoom's original. For 3D- floors you have to use the GL renderer.
chaoscentral

Post by chaoscentral »

damnit... i gotta wait 3 weeks to enjoy 3D floors then... my current comp can only use software mode... or direct 3D. but since its OpenGL and not D3D im screwed until my new computer arrives... damn this sucks. O well there is nothing you can do. other than that it is an awesome port
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

i'd just like to take this moment to say, these 3d floors are beautiful. absolutely beautiful. after all that time messing with portals in zdoom, here I can jump around, over, under, everywhere, seamless, so perfect.. so simple..ahhh.. :mrgreen:

Return to “GZDoom”