Instructions by MaxED:
MaxED wrote:1. Place QeffectsGL.ini and opengl32.dll in your GZDoom folder.
2. Open QeffectsGL.ini and add following section after [Generic]:
(GZDoom crashes on startup if Multisampling or Anisotropy is enabled)
3. Tweak various settings to your liking.
4. Launch GZDoom as usual.
The settings I used:
Recommended settings by Blox which retains the original Doom colours but adds some subtle enhancements:
Code: Select all
- SSAO is being drawn in front of sprites and HUD
- SSAO affects the vanilla sky dome mesh.
- SSAO also looks weird with skies in general (see Doom 2 MAP18 just outside the starting room)
- SSAO algorithm is generally weird (the depth calculation looks wrong most of the time)
- Enabling multisampling and anisotropy in the INI config crashes GZDoom.