GZDoom specific suggestion (that might be useful in ZDoom too)

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Rachael
Developer
Developer

GZDoom specific suggestion (that might be useful in ZDoom too)

Post by Rachael »

Since GZDoom 2.2pre contains multiple rendering paths, maybe when the OpenGL information is enumerated it should show which rendering path is being used directly in the log (such as the OpenGL 2, 3, or 4). I'm thinking that may be helpful in the long run for tracking down bugs.

This may or may not be useful in ZDoom, too, in determining whether SDL, DirectDraw, or Direct3D is being used, although it works pretty reliably on all of them anyway so that probably doesn't matter.
NeuralStunner

Re: GZDoom specific suggestion (that might be useful in ZDoom too)

Post by NeuralStunner »

Agreed, this could smooth things out nicely.

I'm also wondering about a way to force down the GL version on hardware that supports better - To make comparisons without needing another set of hardware. Is this already possible? (IIRC it's not possible to turn off shader features when the card supports them, while I've been curious about the visual/performance differences and don't have a way to check. It's a similar idea.)
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: GZDoom specific suggestion (that might be useful in ZDoom too)

Post by Graf Zahl »

That stuff doesn't even fully work yet. But of course there's options: -glversion {num} and -noshader. I need something to test this myself...

Return to “GZDoom”